Universal Scurvy Scallywags - (by Beep Games, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Claytoonz

Claytoonz Active Member

Jul 21, 2012
  2. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Ahh! Did not know that trick. Thanky ou, Eoghann. And thanks for the partial chart. I assume that the splash damage of the Blunderbuss increases as well?

3. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Does anybody know iff there will be more vontent in future??!

4. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    We need a Guybrush Threepwood costume! :)

5. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Did the game become more easy since the last update? I start each game way overpowered now. So there's no challenge at all anymore. And I remember this game to be quite challenging.

6. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    #366 Wicked8146, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    The description said in the update that you can listen to podcasts simultaneously now but it does not work for me. Does it work for anyone else?

I am level 28 and have been on this current run for at least 25 hours if not more. Insane how many hours I have put into this game. I am hoping the final boss is near.

I do seem to start with more power since the update but maybe that is my most recent upgrade? Not sure. Maybe they did up the starting power.

7. Xidus

Xidus Member

Jun 3, 2013
    With an earlier version of the game I sold all my skills for gold (That's a 90% refund!) and it wasn't even close to 90%. I don't know if it was fixed with an update or not because the patch notes just say "various bug fixes".

8. Von Strubel

Von Strubel Member

May 17, 2013
    Berlin, Germany
    Too easy now in higher levels

Exactly the same with me. I'm Level 29 and start every game at least (!) 20 power points above the first monster. Using my usual tricks after a minute i fight with 300 points against 140-enemies. It's getting boring now very fast. :confused:

9. Xidus

Xidus Member

Jun 3, 2013
    I feel underpowered and I'm finding it boring. Once I learned how to manipulate the board it's the same every time. Put all monsters in one corner and me in the opposite. Then it's just a tedious grind to collecting enough power. It's hurt by the fact almost every board is the same and every monster is the same except bosses. Skills take far too long to recharge to break up the tedium much.

10. Von Strubel

Von Strubel Member

May 17, 2013
    Berlin, Germany
    That tactic is valid and i understand that you find the game boring now. But the question remains why my character doesn't even have to do this since the patch, as he STARTS overpowered. Seems like a glitch in the patch to me.

Cooldowns aren't such a problem, i use Caesar's ship and change some skills before each game. I like that feature a lot, but now i don't need it anymore... :mad:

11. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Has anyone beaten this? It was great fun for a week, but I got bored - match-3's don't really do it for me long term - and I deleted it.
    Plus it started bothering me to play it, even though I'd said no to push alerts, and I tend to immediately delete a game when that happens.

12. Claytoonz

Claytoonz Active Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Go into the Settings App and find Scallywags, then set "Allow iPod music." It should work then.

13. FraggleJP

FraggleJP Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Listening to monkey island mp3s while playing this:). I'd actually stopped playing before the patch because of the admittedly excellent but highly irritating music.

14. Claytoonz

Claytoonz Active Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Ha! "Excellent but highly irritating" is now among my favorite expressions. The in-game music changes based on how many enemies are on the board, but (depending on your tactics) there are usually only a few at any one time, so it does loop through relatively few tracks at any given moment. It seemed like a good approach at the time.

15. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    I feel almost the same. The game really goes on for too long, and then when you're doing the same missions (collecting poop) over again, it really starts to drag. And once you get a strat down, it's not challenging anymore. Still, it's worth playing, and it's funny. I'd recommend it over most other match-3 games.

16. Alex Wolf

Dec 5, 2010
    Best method to get every shanty is to buy those escape power items so u can skip the unnecessairy levels, only if u habe a lot of gold like me (500 k )

17. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    You've managed to collect all of them then? I think I've beaten the final boss
    Lava Monster
    but only have half of the shanties in my collection. The islands seem to repeat itself after that.

18. lancheta

lancheta Well-Known Member

May 20, 2012
    I just acquired the feather duster as my main weapon!!! 150% damage what?!! I dominate every boss now :)

19. Alex Wolf

Dec 5, 2010

They do repeat and no ^^ the lava monster isnt the final
    Boss,

Beumont the pirate is the final
    Boss... But
    That is apparent or not?

20. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    For those who truly have "finished" the game, can you say how long (in hours) you spent on it? At what level was your "final" character? Did you achieve this WITHOUT using any GOLD brought from in-app purchases (except for coin doubler)?

Did the 1.02 update make any difference? Did it make the game easier (lowering the monster's difficulty, for example)?