iPad Scrabble in Europe available!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mythbuster, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Scabble can now purchased also in Europe! It works in English, German, Spanish, Italian & French!

It is really great! :D

Greetings, The Mythbuster

2. Selina

Selina Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Kent, England
  3. Mythbuster

4. Selina

Selina Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Kent, England
    Excellent!!! I can now practise my (virtually non-existent...) Italian.
    :) :) :)

Or maybe I should be concentrating on my English?!!

5. Mythbuster

Yes, it is really nice! I am German (living in the Netherlands) but I love to play in English. :D

6. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I just spotted this too. Quite an historical occasion:) Very tempted. But before I splash out I would like to get a general consensus of opinion. The reviews in the UK are mixed. Some say it's too easy as the AI never picks it's best word. Is this true?

Cheers in advance:)

7. Mythbuster

So I am German, if I play in english, "normal" level is good for me. :D
    I played two games in german, on hard level: Stand is 1:1

But there are lot of option for different rules, so it is really fun and worth the money!

8. Alichan76

Apr 15, 2009
    That sounds promising:) Thanks Mythbuster. I am very tempted as I'd love to practice my German more, seeing that I live there...

9. Mythbuster

Oh, where do you live? I am from Lübeck, North Germany, now I live in Leiden, Netherlands. :D

10. Alichan76

Apr 15, 2009
    How funny, I live in Berlin. And I am giving up my flat now in Amsterdam that I had for 2 and a half years!!!
    Small world:)

11. Mythbuster

Yep! :D I am working in Amsterdam, I love it, but Leiden is also very nice (and just 35 km away) ... As I lived in Germany, we were three to four times per year in Berlin, it is a nice place ... ;)

12. Alichan76

Apr 15, 2009
    #12 Alichan76, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
    But, alas, no Dutch version of Scrabble;) That language sadly always sits on the bottom of the pile of importance.....naja!:D

EDIT: Just bought it. Really polished. I like the look, reminds me of the Scrabble board I played on. I was impressed with EA's Yahtzee Adventures too. And all those languages...definitely worth the money I would say.

13. mr_marts

mr_marts Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Now Available in OZ

Its been a long wait but its finally here in Australia itunes store thanks for the heads up!

14. Mythbuster

I absolute agree! :)

OK, when the next update will include dutch ... then it will be perfect ... :D

15. Alichan76

Apr 15, 2009
    #15 Alichan76, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
    I had lots of trains to take today to and from work and Scrabble was my companion of choice this time.
    I still love it, but 2 things really bugged me.....here we go (are you sitting comfortably?)....
    1) The game did not have the word 'Zen' in its dictionary! Is this such an obscure word, or am I missing something?
    2) I spent the best part of half a game recieving only vowels in a row. I would say by the law of averages that something is not right there.

Anyone else with similar stories to tell?

16. zvnthynn

zvnthynn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    does the international version have facebook connect like the us version? i'm trying to decide which one to get. :D

from what i understand, both have the same features except that the international version is $5 more expensive but has more languages. the us version though has facebook connect.

17. Alichan76

Apr 15, 2009
    Just checked. Can't see a Facebook Connect option. Only Mulitplayer Wifi. Lot's of languages though, although my previous post still stands:confused: Since when was 'Zen' not a word?!

18. zvnthynn

zvnthynn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    thanks for the reply! :)

in another thread, it was mentioned that "Zen" is not allowed because it's a proper noun and would be spelled capitalized. this is the post: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=175925&postcount=191

19. Alichan76

Apr 15, 2009
    Briliant...thank you zvnthynn:) I am feeling somewhat silly now that I didn't spot that:eek: