iPad Scrabble 1.0.53? How's the game?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Jorlen, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Hey guys,

Been eyeballing Scrabble for months, but it's difficult to gauge the current state of the game by its reviews.

I wanted to ask you guys that have the game how it currently plays and if you regret buying it. It's $5 right now, not bad of a deal, so I'm tempted.

Thanks in advance!

2. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    It's just like playing scrabble if you pass and play with a friend.

It's just like playing an autistic 10 year old who's using a thesaurus if you play against the cpu.

3. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I like it. I've had it for a long time and I play on local wifi with friends and mom sometimes.

I love Scrabble so I don't regret buying it (for $8) at all. :)

4. dwsolberg

dwsolberg Active Member

Jul 28, 2008
    It takes a while to start up, but the otherwise the interface is perfect. Sometimes the wife and I play while watching tv on our respective iPhones (very geeky), and that works very well. You can restart network games the next day so long as you don't play in the interim.

5. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    Runs smoooooth - like buttah.

6. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    that might be the best and most accurate review of any game ever on this forum! :D

7. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Thanks for your responses.

So I'm guessing playing against the computer is .. frustrating then? hehe

8. RM imagery

RM imagery Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Photographer (interiors, architecture, abstract ar
    Long Island, NY
    It's a great game. I beat the computer 4 out of 5 times on normal (but I'm a wiz at word games).

This is an excellent version and my favorite word game besides wurdle. It's a steal at $5.

9. Omnithrope

Omnithrope Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    It's a really good port. If you like Scrabble, then you can't go wrong. :)

10. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Some reviews is totally wrong about this game, such as crashing and long loading time issue. I've been pulled off at first when I read those reviews, but decided to purchase it since it is the only Scrabble game out there.

Having said that, I never did regret for purchasing it, even though I seldom playing it :p Have been playing Textropolis since the day I bought it. Erm that would be 2 days ago.

11. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Had this one since early on, and paid full price too! But it has been worth its weight in gold, especially on a 15-hour delay at JFK where my girlfriend and I scrabbled for many hours while awaiting a flight, in between constant iPhone recharging, naturally.

There's a few things I wish they'd correct though... the ability to switch off the "best word" option would be nice. Also, when playing another person, it doesn't let you play wrong words and challenge them, any word you play has to be in the dictionary or else it won't be allowed. In addition, to be able to see the points you'll score before you play the word would be nice.

So, that might sound like more cons than pros, but seriously, it still plays well and I'm just being nit picky today.