Universal ScourgeBringer (by Plug In Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Sep 12, 2022.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    According to in-game stats I’ve played over 5 hours and made 29 attempts so far. The best run ended fighting 3rd judge: Primitive hardened-devil. That’s a tough one. But the more I play the better it gets. This game’s never leaving my device. I proudly put its app icon next to Dead Cells.:cool: Anyway, here’s my gameplay through 2nd realm, The Still Bastion. My favorite of the three I visited so far mostly due to the fact there’s nothing on the floor hurting me even though I’m “flying” most of the time anyway.

CrayonWarrior likes this.
  2. Sagar Asthana

Sagar Asthana Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    Does anyone find the dynamic analogue stick a bit confusing as whenever i try to move in a direction it accidentally registers it as a dash 50% of the times. Has it happened with anyone else as well?

3. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Sagar Asthana dashing using touch controls felt confusing right from the beginning and it didn’t get any better later. But to be fair I didn’t give it much effort after trying to play with the controller anyway. I’d still prefer a separate button on the right side instead of swiping mechanics. I’m curious how Dragon Punch (Dash + Smash) works for those playing with touch controls. I think, at least for now, a controller is a must to enjoy the game to the fullest.

4. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I myself hate using a controller on mobile so having read the above comments i only wish i waited or bought this one on PS4 instead. That is always the case with those premium games on mobile. You have to wait and see cause touch controls never work properly to have the full experience. Same happened with dead cells. Well i guess 7€ went for nothing. I will probably buy it on ps4. Next time i will hear high praises about a premium game from console or PC coming to mobile i will be really careful before buying.

Chq likes this.
  5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    What are you talking about? Dead Cells is perfect with touch controls. Responsiveness is pretty much the same with this game. What ScourgeBringer lacks at the moment is customization. But I’m hopeful it’ll be added later making the experience similar to Dead Cells eventually. It doesn’t mean it’s bad right now. Just that using controller feels superior. You most certainly shouldn’t be discouraged to play the game. It’s amazing!

Sagar Asthana and sakara214ever like this.
  6. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Yeah maybe for you it is perfect i do not doubt that (not for me though). Ps4 dead cells is like a whole new game for me compared to mobile (as far as controls go.) Of course i understand touch will and can never be the same as a controller but i struggled soooo much with dead cells on mobile so i gave up. I will try scourge bringer on mobile too. I really hope i will manage with this one.

7. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    So I wanted to try a controller just to see how much better it is. And when I have Bluetooth on and connected to a controller the game crashes at load screen. As soon as I turn it off game works again. Does it on both my iPhone and iPad. Only when the controller is connected

8. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I tried it on Xbox (Game Pass) last night and I prefer the mobile touch controls.

Sagar Asthana likes this.
  9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wait…. lol why did you tag me?

Edit:

OH I’m following now! Sorry ahahaha. Yes just downloaded this on my xbox gamepass, excited to check it out!

Great thing about these mobile ports is I get to find out about so many cool games that are already free on Gamepass for me!

10. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Yes, I tagged here cause I am still not unsure about mentioning one game in another games forum lol. Glad you are enjoying it. Both games are fantastic and right up my alley.

Now this game I will mention, because it’s not on iOS. I am unsure if it’s on gamepass. But if Hades is there. Get it! That is one incredible game. For me the best roguelike I have ever played. Possibly my favorite game in 40 years of gaming. Just everything about it is near perfect.

11. Sagar Asthana

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    I tried playing it for a couple of hours and i feel more comfortable now with the controls in scourgebringer. Yes you're correct that it needs customization, but till then i can make use of touch for some time. I have mailed the developer about the same, but they don't seem to be responding at all

macplash likes this.
  12. Sagar Asthana

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    And about dead cells, well the controls are the gold standard of how the controls in a mobile game should be in that game. Scourgebringer could become dead cells with all the fast paced combat system and the auto attack system, but it needs certain customization like the option to choose between a static and a dynamic analogue stick as dashing and moving goes wrong sometimes. Other than that the sword attack and ranged weapons do work fine but can do better if the player is allowed to move them around a bit.
    As for dashing the option should be provided both at the left as well as the right parts of the screen for better handling i feel.
    But nevertheless now that I've played the game for some time i feel it's not a badly implemented game by any means, just it needs more refinement with the control scheme

macplash likes this.
  13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Maybe I’m approaching this the wrong way, but I’ve been clearing out rooms by dashing around first and then walking/jumping around to get where I want. I’ve had no issues with the touch controls so far. *shrugs*

14. Sagar Asthana

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    one mistake i noticed i was doing was that i was using the heavy sword attack too much and in turn was getting hit a lot. have adjusted to using that a little lesser and relying more on the auto attack slashes, and now i'm at the 3rd chapter where i have been completely mauled to death again

15. Sagar Asthana

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    one more thing, does anyone know how to the fury attack on touch controls? do we have to unlock it or something first to use it or am i missing something here?

16. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    You need to unlock it first at the chiming tree.

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Took me 37 attempts and approximately 8 hours to beat the game for the first time. I chose to accept the judgment. Anyway, I’m just getting started. There’s a secret world unlocked and I can increase the difficulty if I feel like I can handle it. Fantastic game!

5th judge boss fight:

6DE7D734-77DB-4538-8A27-845612FFD098.png

18. Sagar Asthana

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    Ohh, ok

19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    100% skill tree…:cool:

6FC7D836-F57C-45EC-A64C-6BFB3C72ED21.png

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  20. Sagar Asthana

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    What about the other 2 skill trees on the left and right of the main one? The ones that you unlock after beating the 5th judge