iPad Scopa 09

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LordCrom, Apr 4, 2009.

1. LordCrom

LordCrom Well-Known Member

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=310104569&mt=8

We here at TA share a love for video games. If you're like me, you also share a love of games that are not digital. That are card based, but what happens when those two loves are brought together in a beautiful combination of old and new technology.

You get Scopa 09! Have I ever heard of this game? No. Why? Because it's from Italy. Sadly I have yet to visit Italy, but with the creation of Scopa 09, I have an opportunity now to play a card game I knew nothing about from a beautiful country I have never been to.

Thank you iPhone! You help make the world a smaller more joyous place.:)

2. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Agreed. ^ ^

I highly recommend Briscas if you haven't seen or tried it yet.

3. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    The cards remind me a bit of Tarot cards to be honest even though I know that's not the intention.

Interesting looking card game.

4. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    +1 for Briscas...great game once you learn the rules.

5. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    These are the traditional italian cards :) (from naples, to be precise... they change slightly in design in other parts of the country, but the "napoletane" are the most widely known and used).

Scopa is a nice game, and probably the one with the simplest set of rules among the traditional italian card games. It's also the only one I've ever learned to play :rolleyes: