[SCAM]Plants vs. Zombies 2 : Zombie Bible - why this app got approved?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by nantas, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Renegadecitizen

Renegadecitizen Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010

if u buy the app
    on the receipt theres a report a problem link
    or you can ask apple for a refund
    and hope apple gives ur money back
    i dont recommend giving these developers ur money though
    thats the only way i know to report a problem
    not ideal

2. DJMoya

DJMoya Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Arcade Attendant
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Wow thats a problem you would think apple would have a way to flag an app as a fake,scam, or potentially malicious without actually purchasing the app. So if lets say they get over a certain amount of flags they can suspend the app from selling/being in the app store till they look at and review the app again to see if it should have been approved.

3. Nicias

Nicias New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    So question, why is this app still up? This only hurts the customer experience and credibility of the entire app store. It's sad these scam apps just stay up when it's so obvious to everyone they should be taken down.

4. View it on ipod
    Scroll to bottom
    Select "Report a problem"

5. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #25 Cilo, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
    People who can't read deserve to be scammed. It says it's in the reference category, it has bible in the title suggesting a book, and the second photo is a page of text stating attributes of one of the characters. Also at the bottom of the app description it states:

"Legal Notice
    / Disclaimer: =========== This guide is an unofficial version and is not endorsed by or affiliated with the creator of this video game or its licensors."

So in no way do I feel sorry for anyone buying this. LEARN TO READ. If you don't possess any skill of reading comprehension, you should not be allowed to own a credit card or your parents should be in charge of your itunes spending habits.

6. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
  7. Jack Shiels

Jack Shiels Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    This scam artist needs to be removed from the App Store and never allowed back.

8. Nicias

Nicias New Member

Apr 5, 2011

Scams are not 100% clearcut but instead do their best to mislead users. This application does that in spades. Also, as I pointed out before this developer has done this many times before, and because of the past history, it's obvious their true intentions are to mislead the customer as best they can.

1) Instead of "bible" which *may* suggest book, why not say guide? I'd say because "Zombie Bible" could also be viewed as a legitimate sub-name to PvZ 2. Just like "Angry Birds 2: Bird Bible" could be a legitimate name for AB2.

2) The SECOND screen shot (not the first, which makes it look like a game) shows off text descriptions. Also, showing stats of the units is actually pretty standard for these kinds of games.

3) Oh, and hidden at the bottom, in that mess of text it finally mentions "guide". Even though the text before that says:

"A mob of fun-loving zombies is about to invade your home. Use your arsenal of 67 zombie-zapping plants — peashooters, wall-nuts, cherry bombs and more — to mulchify 46 types of zombies before they break down your door.

Get ready to soil your plants!

Game Features

70 FUN-DEAD LEVELS
    Conquer all 90 levels of Adventure mode — through day, night, fog, in a swimming pool, on the rooftop and more! Replay levels in the all-new Quick Play arena..."

Sorry but this developer puts in minimal effort to try to pass this off as a guide. It has a picture from the game as the icon (which similar to PvZ 1), most of the description passes it off as a game (until the very end), the first and third screenshot are of the game, and the title is "Plants vs. Zombies 2 : Zombie Bible" instead of something like "Guide for Plants vs. Zombie 2".

If this app was named "Guide for Plants vs Zombies 2", had a description that actually described a guide, and had an icon that isn't official copyrighted art from the actual game... I'd agree with you. Your app also does a much better job of presenting itself as a guide.

Again, this guy has scammed before. Look at my previous post and you can see he has stolen content, sold movies as games... many times. It's hard to believe that this dev is honestly thinking he is passing this off as a guide when he has scammed before.

9. Noodler

Noodler Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Do you think Words with Friends is a blatant rip off of Scrabble taking in all the cash?