Out Now Sayonara Wild Hearts (by Simogo and Annapurna)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    It’s actually $13 on other platforms:) On mobile it would be a hard sale, but with Apple Arcade these small, short, indie games make sense.

2. Khoshmaze

Khoshmaze Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Very good geat, the intro is stunning. Love the music.
    Only downside is the level durations, they are sometimes very weird, sometimes very short then too long.

Otherwise, master piece for mobile.

3. Stranded87

Stranded87 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    And finished. That was really good. An endlessly inventive slice of pop perfection.

8/10

4. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant. Just a wonderful thing, it felt like playing a long lost sega classic, there are even hints of Rez, Elite Beat Agents or Jeff Minter.

I would agree with Khoshmaze that the level lengths could do with evening out but that’s about the only criticism I can come up with. I’m not at the end yet so I’m not sure if it’s eventual length but for high score chasers I’m barely scraping a bronze on most levels on my first playthrough.

5. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Everyone say that the game has amazing visuals and music and I totally agree with that. It's the point of the game after all. It feels like the tapping music games (guitar hero, tap-tap revenge, etc) but instead of taping, you move your character. You do have some interactions though in later levels and having these interactions in rhythm with the music really adds to the immersion.

However, the controls are really strange. At first I felt like it was clicking Right or Left to change lanes but then discovered that it was more precise and you actually had to move the character like with a D-pad. It certainly is better and gives you more freedom but it also adds a tremendous difficulty to have a high score. Sometimes, I miss a whole lane of points just because I was 1 millimetre off. And the speed of the character simply makes it impossible to react properly, unless you know all the correct positions by heart.
    Some levels I got a Gold medal first try but some others, I can't get past the Bronze. I feels like moving to get these points is always related to the rhythm of the music and every beat is a sign that you need to change the lane. Still I think the precision of the position is way to precise to actually get the points, especially in the tunnel-like levels when you have to move in a cylinder manner where points appear soo fast that you can't react to that.

Still, I think it's one of the best music game I have ever played on iPhone and the most visually pleasing one too.
    But I feel a little bit frustrated not being able to get a Gold medal everywhere (even a Silver one sometimes) because I really want to unlock the secret/bonus songs :)

6. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    The controls seem better. Did you guys notice?

7. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Double dipped on the PS 4. Touch screen for iOS, dual shock for PS4. Love this one. Bizarre awesome aesthetics, excellent gameplay, and ultimate ultimate replayability. The hidden achievements on GC are the same as the PS 4 trophy list, with the exception of the platinum. Some are easy, others are tricky.