Say No to Police: easy-read solution for every day legal problems

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Apple Girl, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Apple Girl

Apple Girl Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. Arcy

Arcy Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    College graduate
    Wow, $9.99 is hard to swallow when the same information can be had for free on the internet.

3. Apple Girl

Apple Girl Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Maybe the price is high but it's difficult to browse the internet in case you need immediate help or solution.:)

4. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

The problem with this is that it's usually more effective to give cops a little leeway; once you start getting smart with fancy answers a cop will feel intellectually threatened. Once you've pissed him off, there is a lot of gray area where the cop can escalate things, and you can't defend yourself until you get to court, which is too costly for most of us.

Eg. A cop approaches you sitting in your car and asks you what you're doing, if you answer with cocky lawyer-esque retort he can just say he smells weed and arrest you, search your car, and find your stash. You can argue that the search incident to arrest was unlawful because the arrest was based on smell (which in Canada the Supreme Court has said is not good enough). You'll be arguing that in court at a cost of $5K.

5. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

And a cop will be more than willing to wait while you look up an answer. :p

6. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Don't say "No" to the police.

In fact, it's best not to say ANYTHING at all.

This video may in fact change your life (for the better).

http://www.davehitt.com/blog2/never-talk-to-the-police/

Note: This is mostly based on US laws, many of which are different from state to state.

I think the app is a good idea.

7. Big Gamer

Big Gamer Active Member

Aug 17, 2010
    the app really taught me a lot about my rights and what the cops can do and cant do. I never knew that teachers had a right to search our lockers. I also didn’t know I could get a dui while riding my bike:)