Saved games, where are they stored?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Mag, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Does anyone know where saved games are stored?
    If I delete a game, and then reinstall it, will I still have my saved games?
    If I hard reset my phone and reinstall a hardup, will I still have my saved games?
    If I hard reset my phone, reinstall all the games, will I still have my saved games?
    etc

2. SpungoMcGee

SpungoMcGee Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    If you delete a game and then reinstall it, your save is lost. Don't know about the other scenarios.

3. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I read in another thread that you can sync you phone with itunes (which will do a backup) and then reinstall everything with the restore from the iphone option.

But obviously, it means that it will reinstall everything as it was during the backup, apps, music and so on. So I guess you can't really uninstall and get the save back.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I don't think that stuff is lost - I had a melt down, had the phone go completely dead, and had to do a complete restart, reinstall and all my high scores still there. There were no games ready for resume - but high scores, and levels played (Flight Control, The Creeps, Sea Captain - for a few examples) were all saved, and available...

So, I think that some games will have saves restored, I just don't know which ones, or why...

5. barl

barl Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Artist, Filmmaker
    Cardiff, UK
    It's a vague area, I'm afraid.
    I wish apple would create a univeral save-game mechanic that could be incorporated into iPhones, iPod Touches, and iTunes.

When you delete a game from your iPhone, there is no known way of getting your saved game back - even if you were to re-install from a backup.

If you have to restore your iPhone/iPod Touch your saved game should still be there.

6. Feltzem

Feltzem Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    So if I get a new iPhone or iPod Touch can I just install all the apps from iTunes that I've backed up from my old device and my saved games will be there? I'm getting the new iPod Touch and I really don't want to have to start all my games all over again.

7. lukeca

lukeca Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    I think when you get your new iPod touch you have to restore the backup from your old touch onto the new one, if you just install the apps from iTunes that will just install a new copy with no save data I think

8. Kiwii

Kiwii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Apple needs a new system that stores game data.