iPad Save 20% on apps/games! (after Coinstar redemption)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hman, Nov 29, 2008.

1. hman

hman Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Hi Folks,

Yes, you can save an additional 20% on your games/apps/music on iTunes!

Got this from another site. Go to www.coinstar.com for more details, but the summary is cash in at least $40 in coins and get a $10 giftcode via snail mail.

I just did the initial redemption, I need to do the mail in part. A buddy of mine did it last year. No charge for Amazon, iTunes (a bunch of others) giftcards plus you get the $10 bonus!

The site will tell you the nearest redemption machine by zipcode.

2. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #2 istopmotion, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
    Sounds fishy...

I don't know - I don't understand what you're supposed to do.

3. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    http://www.coinstar.com/us/WebDocs/A1-0-3-1

Go to somewhere with a coinstar machine, put in $40 in change - you convert change to cash with these machines. Mail in your receipt and you'll get a $10 gift card. Simple.

4. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    This is spam...

5. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    No seriously, this is how I pay for apps and games! I take ALL the change i've saved up over the weeks/months and take it to a Coinstar, then i redeem them in iTunes giftcards and that's how i budget myself!

It's a great way to not 'technically' spend more on games (since the change is already laying around!)

does anyone else do this?

6. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Yea, I've seen these machines before, but they take a tax off the coins you convert, so idk how much you're really saving for the hassle

7. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    When you make a gift card it doesn't charge tax. Fastest $60 I have ever spent was after putting my coins in one of those machines and then buying apps.

8. Phoenixfury

Phoenixfury Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Personally I like Speedway's Speedy Rward program.. I get stuff from Speedway all the time, so I rack up the points very quickly.. I always earn just enough to get a $15 iTunes card. I almost always use them just for buying apps for my iPod Touch. Not a bad deal to get a $15 gift card basically for free just for buying a coffee and a snack pretty much on a nearly daily basis. :) From time to time if I get the right cashiers, they'll scan my card for other customers that that don't have cards which gets me even more points even quicker. :)

9. hman

hman Member

Nov 1, 2008
    no surcharge *if* you redeem $40(or more)

If you redeem over $40 there is no fee, but if you don't meet the $40 there is like a 9% fee!

I didn't do it last year because I was also skeptical and do not buy that many songs, but this year, with the appstore I figured what the heck, nothing to lose except about 30 minutes of my time and a postage stamp.

You get a iTunes redemption code immediately and a form to mail in for the additional $10. So the closer you get to the $40 min, the closer you get to the "20% off". Unless I have retarded math (which I have been known to have) $50 of giftcards for $40 is about a 20% discount.

I just did two at $40.06 and $40.07, you will need two mailing address' though, one offer per person/household.

I have no affiliation with coinstar, nor am I related to anyone who works for them.