iPad Saturday night fever: Dance!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by No Hero, Dec 13, 2008.

1. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
  2. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    Tell me if I'm wrong, but Elite Beat Agents without the storyline or cool comic characters would make this nothing more then ummmm tapping your finger on the screen.

3. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    well, never had Elite beat agents but heard its good

4. Aydae

Aydae New Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I think Saturday Night Fever: Dance is a really great game! The gameplay style is kind of like Elite Beat Agents, but I found this version to a lot more interesting, not to mention waaaay better art. The gameplay feels a lot more versatile as well. I would recommend it to anyone that likes rhythm games. Not to mention, it's only five bucks! Worth every penny.

5. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    It look funny,a video could help to understand the quality of animation and gameplay.

6. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    This game got dropped to $.99 Does it only come with 4 songs?

7. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I was actually the reviewer who said that it was like EBA w/o the graphics. It's a fun little game and I'm happy with the purchase, but it's no where as deep as EBA. There are only the 4 songs and there are two (both male) dancers to watch. The game if harder than EBA when it gets to the tougher songs and it doesn't end the game when you mess u too much. It will play through the entire song even if you don't hit a single note right.

But it's fun and I was a big fan of EBA so it made it an all right purchase at the time. I still break it out every once in a while when I need a little disco fix...

Bob

8. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    There's a free "lite" version of the game. Check that one out first.

9. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Gameplay=:)
    Music=:(

Just bought this game because I liked EBA

10. holliberry

holliberry Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Picked this up today for .99. I had the free version and really liked it but wasn't about to spend 4.99 for 4 songs. But, this should tide me over until the day I finally buy EBA or Ouendan (sp?). Still a lot of fun, hopefully some more songs can be added in an update.

11. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    It will never be ON PAR with Elite Beat Agent. The beats is just so totally awful. The synchronization is really bad. For those who had played EBA you'll get what I mean. Definitely a NO-NO and a dissapointment for EBA player such as myself.

12. Actually I think this is worth a $1 and glad I picked it up last night. If you like the songs then get it if not just pass. I have EBA and the two japanese ones for DS and one reason I like this one is it has more crazy paths to trace. Also I prefer using the thumb rather than the stylus on the DS for this type of rhythm game.

13. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #13 salsamd, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
    Women please

Yeah, as well as women dancers. I personally have a hard time connecting with men shaking their groove thang...but that just me.:D

14. joelpietersen

joelpietersen New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    My younger cousin didnt like it so much so I doubt if that is ok.

15. Yeah it's just you...hehehe. Just kidding. Yea I think it was 2006 when I was in Japan I went looking to buy Elite Beat Agents for Nintendo DS. Of course I didn't know the Japanese title so in the stores I'd ask the store clerks in Japanese of course. "Hey do you have the DS game with three cheerleader guys with pom poms?" Of course I'd get the "what the hell are you talking about" glare. Think the 6th or 7th store I finally found it cuz someone knew what the hell I was talking about.