Universal Saturday Morning RPG - (by Joystick Labs, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 4, 2012.

1. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    Hopefully not only the downloads but also the IAPs ;) I really hope the game is doing fine financially.

2. retr0gam3r

retr0gam3r Member

May 29, 2009
    When I press 'Buy Episode' on the tape for Episode 2, nothing happens? Any ideas please? Tried numerous times.

3. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Are you connected to WiFi and have In App Purchases enabled on our device?

4. TimEggers

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Support Might Rabbit Studios!

I contacted the folks at Might Rabbit Studios and Josh returned a very nice email giving me information on how I could support the project via PayPal. I quickly sent some money just because I wanted get behind this incredible project.

It just hits me right on so many levels, guys if you feel the same way they'll happily take donations:

[email protected]

After reading their Kickstarter page and hearing about how much work they've already put into this I couldn't help but want to throw some money at them.

Otherwise the IAP for episodes is really a good price structure and I really, truly hope SMRPG has great success and keeps a prominent spot in the AppStore.

5. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    #185 MightyRabbitJosh, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
    Hope everyone is still enjoying the game! If you haven't already, it'd be awesome if you guys could help nominate SMRPG for game of the week here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=128859

Lot's of great competition there but it would be awesome if we could make it to the poll!

In response to Tim, we've got some really awesome Saturday Morning RPG posters to give away to people who donate to development. I haven't checked how well IAPs have done as I'm trying to have a relaxing weekend after launch. Crossing my fingers we did well, we're comitted to delivering more content regardless of sales - we feel like we made a strong game and really want to expand it. If we don't make much we'll just pick up day jobs and the pace will slow. There will be at least two new episodes, though I'd like to commit to three more. We'll see what happens and I'll keep you guys updated at every step! Episode 3 is roughly 1/3 completed at the moment - it adds two huge environments - downtown Shadow Valley and the Ronald Reagan Dam. It's our Transformers inspired episode BTW, expect battles with giant robots!

The number of episodes still very much hinges on financial success - but we're going to do at least two more without a doubt!

6. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    SMRPG will definitely make it into the poll! It's probably gonna win GOTW as well! I will vote for it for sure!

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Currently #28 on the Top 200 RPG Games list on iTunes! Yay!

8. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    Thanks! Definitely appreciate the vote!

Awesome news! Hopefully we can maintain a spot in the top 30!

9. TimEggers

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Updates sound awesome!

You guys have my vote for sure.

So far it's my Game of 2012. Epic Win!

10. TimEggers

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Just finished Ep 2 in yet again one sitting. Wow it's much larger and has more going on than Ep 1 (a very welcome surprise). Overall it elevates the experience very well. Nicely done.

However I have a few ideas to run by you guys:

Make the mini-game timing bar (the one what shows up when we have to time our hit for most effectiveness) larger and more prominent when its being used. Also adjust the slider so it starts slower but makes it tougher to get the best hit but easier to get a medium hit. Right now the slider bar is small and fast for some people obviously. I'll admit I tend to agree but I learned to adjust to it (not everyone will want too). This will make SMRPG more accessible to new players.

I like the sticker implementation. I think it's perfect. Good job.

Tap to Charge is just ok. I do think it's quite heavy on the action, I don't know what to do to make it less strenuous. I don't mind it too much but maybe adjust it just slightly? What if any attribute makes it easier to charge? Speed? If this can be upgraded via leveling up than leave it alone, I'm level 13 and don't see much difference however.

Please whatever you do, NEVER, make SMRPG a menu based RPG. That would just kill the interactive fun element of this game and what makes it so special. I really think you guys can adjust it and make it much more accessible while keeping the fun interactivity intact.

God I love this game!

11. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    .....Cornetto!

12. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+3]SATURDAY MORNING RPG[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    04/04/2012
    [/size]

Do you like this episodic role-playing game firmly set in a world inspired by 1980s Saturday morning cartoons?

[size=+3][thread=128859]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

13. Benny M.

Benny M. Active Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Intern/student
    Raleigh, NC
    Help us Win!!

...I can't vote for this, but if you enjoyed the game, please go vote for us!! We're tied in first at the moment...thanks so much for everyone's support!

14. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Saturday morning rpg has my vote :)

15. TimEggers

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    I stopped playing just long enough to vote. SMRPG has dominated my long weekend. God I FREAKING love this game!

Mighty Rabbit Rules!

16. wheeld

wheeld Member

Feb 7, 2012
    I am also having problems buying Episode 2. I click the Buy Episode button and then all I get is the spinning arrow. I'm using an iPod Touch 4th gen and am connected to WiFi. Has anyone been able to solve this problem?

17. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Re: tap to charge, rhythm game it. Slower taps, but more precision. Could be as simple as tapping 8th/4th beats or actually tapping different rhythms (heck, use parodies of various cartoon theme songs).

18. Lancerguy

Lancerguy New Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Game Impressions

I really dig this game. One of the few games Ive sprung to pay for. I went ahead and bought ep2. It's really cool.

19. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    This is a big issue - not sure why it's not working. Does the arrow spin infinitely or does it stop? It may be an issue with our "canMakePurchases" check. Do you have parental controls activated for any reason?

20. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    How do you do the Magic Cave quest? And another question, how do you use cheat codes and how do you access them?