iPhone Satellite Command (by Stormtide Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    It disappeared from the Appstore a while back, probably due to low sales not covering the annual licence fee. I’m afraid it’s the risk we take with buying games. Never invest money we can’t afford to lose.

It is still available on Steam, last updated December 2017, but the dev has stated that development has now ceased due to similarly poor sales.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    That’s why (sorry it doesn’t help now) for older games it’s so important to download them to your PC via iTunes. Crazy to just rely on the App Store to keep them

Got tons of older apps I’ve backed up, obviously most wont work on my latest phone but I’ve got an old iPad 2 on ios7 where I can reinstall these apps. You can pick up old iPads so cheaply nowadays. The one I’ve got I mostly use with my iCade for MAME (as I think it was ios8 messed up the Bluetooth settings for the iCade)

Always backup if you can !

If a game doesn’t sell well or people wait for price cuts constantly the dev won’t make money and in this instance don’t renew their dev license. Was always sad when Jeff Minter left the App Store due to poor sales

3. BaldTurkeyLeg

BaldTurkeyLeg New Member

May 9, 2012
    wow, thanks guys. I didn't figure resurrecting an old forum post was going to work. It's sad that I cannot get it back, but I guess I got some fun out of it at least. Thanks again for explaining it for me.

4. Risingsun

Risingsun Member

Nov 2, 2009
    I was just in the same boat as you trying to find it in my purchase history to reinstall it. I did a bit of googling and looks like it’s even been removed from Google Play. Stormtide has erased all mention of it from their website. If you didn’t know already it’s like it never existed.