iPad Sat. Convo: Arcade Emulation?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RedStaR, Mar 7, 2009.

1. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    #1 RedStaR, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
    I just love when a game comes out for the Apple M.G.D's
    (mobile gaming devices) that are dripping with arcade characteristics.
    Something about the sounds, visuals and the "white knuckle" gameplay that it takes to earn every point to beat that high score. That bowling alley arcade addiction can now be fulfilled on the go with games like.

Exzeus- Now with online leader board the game is pure arcade gold. It already had impressive arcade features, but nothing to come back to. "well kiss my sisters black cat's /\$$ online leader board". This game just hit bowling alley status.

DDR- If anyone has read my review on this game you'll know that (imo) for a mobile version it doesn't fall short of its arcade parental unit one bit.
    The intense pace can have you just as scatterbrained as the full scale version, which is a way of saying, "I'm not good at either version". However I noticed quickly that even for a M.G.D app that it still boasts loads of customizable difficulties and plenty of high scores to set. The graphics are just as loud as the sound, and I like both of them to be high (volume and quality). One notable feature, is that if you let the main menu sit idle it goes into demonstration mode (a truly arcade-like feature)

I didn't include any classic arcade titles (to clone-ish for my taste)
    but would like to hear any opinions on what others think.

What game do you think best puts the arcade feel in your pocket?

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Sho Chiku bai is the best pachinko sim I have played yet, also i would say Time crisis isn't half bad either...;)

3. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    For a classic arcade emulator check out Zodttd.com

4. RedStaR

Jan 7, 2009
    I use to play his emulators back in the days of 1.1.4 but I found myself just saying "look at what my phone can do", instead of an intense session of game play so I stopped.

5. RedStaR

Jan 7, 2009
    Time Crisis fell a little short for me

6. ianlow32

ianlow32 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Very short