Universal Sasaya - Upcoming Metroidvania-style Platformer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lastmandancing, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lastmandancing

lastmandancing Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    #1 lastmandancing, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Greetings! Today I want to introduce to you my long-awaited project called Sasaya - a 2D metroidvania style game inspired by such huge game titles like Castlevania and Metroid. Your protagonist is a sorcerer Maria who is on a mission to bring the peace to this lands. Being sorcerer she feels the presence of a great evil, and swears to kill all demons she can find as she quests across the castle of Sasaya.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

During the game you able to find upgrades allowing Maria to comprehend the most remote corners of the castle. As an example the golden ring will allow Mary to jump higher, and a special orb will allow her to transform into an animal (at the best traditions of metroidvania styled games). Also there is a potions thats increasing your health and bunch of keys for some locked doors of the castle.

This game designed for mobile platforms: for now it is iPhone and iPad. The game is still in beta but i planning to release it in a midle of august 2020. Stay tuned!

Releasing platforms: iPhone, iPad.
    Estimated date: august 2020

Brandon Day and J05H like this.
  2. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Jeez... swears to kill all demons she can find? Her nickname must be Bloody Mary.

Makara Nou likes this.
  3. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    Maybe this is her destiny as a sorcerer? Or maybe she is a witch? ;)

4. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth

5. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    #5 lastmandancing, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  6. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Enemies don’t seem to have a hit stop or any reaction to attacks. That’s concerning.

7. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    Gitanes Hall:

[​IMG]

8. cool

9. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    Hey,
    check it out some fresh ingame footage from Sasaya!

10. J05H

J05H Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Android too or just iOS?

11. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    For now it is iOS. Sasaya will be released on Android platform as i do not see any technical limitations yet.

J05H likes this.
  12. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    I don't have yet the correct answer to your question. I already have made support for the controller for testings, but since most players will play game with touches which is much more difficult than using a gamepad, adding a controller would be kind of cheating :D I'm still thinking about this feature.

13. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    I'm so close to release already. It remains only to polish some gameplay elements and deal with some bugs. According to my calculations, the game can be completed in 2 hours in speedrun mode (without deaths and if you know the path) and about 3+ hours if you go not fast. There are also 5 bosses in the game, which difficulty is increases by progress. What do you think the price should be? I'm going to charge 2.99$ for this project. Is it ok?

ColeDaddy likes this.
  14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    2.99 sounds perfectly fine.

As for the controls can you slide your finger from say the left button to the right and vica versa or does the character stay still ?

15. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    Yes, you can slide your finger across the screen from left to right like with a joystick stick.

16. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    3 ish hours to beat? That’s quite short for a metroidvania. How much replayability does this game provide?

I am more concerned about the game contents than the price. Do enemies react to player’s attacks? At the least they didn’t in your earlier videos.

17. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    There is several types of enemyes, most of them lives their lives and just patrolling from left to right. Others follows you when you entering their "view" region or reveal themself when you get closer to them.

18. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    You can beat the game twice if you want to watch both endings. There is two types of endings, they can be divided into "good" and "bad". Those depends on which solution you choose during the game.

19. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    To be clear, I am talking about enemies not reacting to player’s attacks, and the lack of hit stop or anything that signifies the player’s attacks on an enemy .
    I would like to know if such features will be added for the final product.