Universal SAS: Zombie Assault 4 (by Ninja Kiwi)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Oct 22, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Game is amazing. Beat campaign. I took it slowly but to unlock all the levels you need to be rank 12 at least. The last level was as bad as the first level. The details in the levels in between are amazing. The first and last levels are basically your plain survival maps that are pretty boring.

As for the robots, they are the strongest enemies. I agree they do seem OP but their health will go down normally with a flame weapon or even better a corrosive weapon. Those drop on occassion. The levels also scale to your level so the levels will never get easy. I like this aspect but it may make getting achievements harder. For instance on level 3 I met a boss spawn that looked like the Devil and shot fireballs. Also you'll meet stroger versions of the standard enemies as you level up.

Overall it's my favorite freemium game for the past few months. I'd throw in some money for the devs especially since it seems like it didn't chart too well. The production values on sas4 are outstanding. I just wish the campaign was doubled in length. Seems like the "survival" levels are the first and last campaign levels.

2. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    This has to be one of the shortest games I've ever played, though with tons of grinding involved.
    - Only 7 stages, with the first one being a tutorial somewhat
    - Only like 5 types of enemies
    - Only 2 bosses
    Complex weapon system, extremely little amount of content. This means that instead it relies on endless grinding. NOT a good sign, or multiplayer, which isn't something I'm interested in for a game like this. Even that super old game back when iPhone just came out, "alive forever", had more content than this game.
    Meh it's free, worth the 1 hr or so of entertainment before you delete it, or you might keep it longer if you're really into multiplayer.

3. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Completely disagree but that's probably because you only played it for 1 hour.

I'll side with you that it's short but it still remains fun. If you were looking for a good story then obviously this isn't the game for you. The campaign has nicely made missions with a lot of detail that can be replayed infinitely but they get harder as you rank up. I want more levels as well but it doesn't make the current levels bad.

There are 5 types of zombie enemies but there are variations of each class (you can check the zombie information screen). There are also "robot zombies" that aren't included in the 5 types.

It has A LOT of content but very little campaign content. So it's misleading to say the game in general is little content because there are a lot of weapon types, upgrades, variations, character classes, armor sets, etc.

If you're not going to play for more than an hour then you won't see any of the deeper stuff.

And as a general tip almost every zombie game is a grinding game. It wouldn't make sense not to be. Because there are masses of zombies, almost every game requires you to kill a lot to progress.

4. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    #44 pinOi32, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    This is a great game if you like top-down shooters.

But these class-specific skills seem... dull to me.

5. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Lol up until level 7 I only invested in pay grade
    I thought I'd give bad blood a try, but I still my money more than I like my enemies getting my juices on them.

6. pinOi32

Apr 24, 2014
    #46 pinOi32, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    I really don't know what you're trying to say here...

Are you saying I'm fat?!

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Assault has the best skill. The knife attack will auto knife zombies that get near you (as long as you have energy)

They don't explain it but the knife is a toggle, it stays on or off.

8. pinOi32

Apr 24, 2014
    Alright, I'll keep that in mind.

9. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    ...maybe...
    Lol no but I figured money would be more useful in the long run

10. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Is 20 the max level? In that case I only get 20 skill points total? Anyone have ideas for a good build? It seems to me most skills just give minor benefits for putting more points in them.

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I think it goes past 20 since you get your last skill at 20 (which you should probably be able to put points into). Though i can't tell for sure.

The best basic builds would be to put points into health regen and energy regen. And depending on what class you are, pump some of your specials.

12. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Yeah you're right, it goes past 20, I just had never seen anyone online with higher levels than that.

Are you sure putting points in regen is worth it? IMO skill points are so valuable, isn't it more efficient to get the regen from armor augment and put the points in something that does damage?

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    The thing with armor and weapons is they come and go so easily. Since the game levels based on your character you'll keep getting better items. So you'll have to keep augmenting armor constantly. Regen is great in your stats because it's always constant. Health regen is needed the most because of the crazy damage mobs will do to you late game. Energy regen is for spamming your special moves. I personally think attack stat points are a waste just because weapons you find all differ greatly. You'll always find stronger amd stronger weapons that the 1 stat point won't help that much damage wise. However regen continually works so it's a lot more useful.

Also depending on what class you have, you'll want to invest in your unique skills since those are the special skills only your character will have.

14. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Ok you have a point there.
    Right now I play the Assault class but once I get to 20 and unlock more character slots I'll try Medic or Heavy.

The Assault class seems to have a lot of skills which are useful with only one point. Assault Team, Stim Shot, CQC and Killing Spree IMO give a lot of benefit with one point put in each.

Adrenaline looks like a really nice skill to have too, especially combined with Critical Shot and a weapon with Overclock and/or Pinpoint augment and maybe a helmet with Target Assist. More shots fired per second = more chance to land crits.

15. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    #55 AzeTheGreat, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    We seriously need a way to delete characters...I want to reskill my assault class but I don't feel like paying real money. Just let me delete it and start over!

Edit: Nevermind! I found out how! You just need to click on your character icon at the bottom of the screen and then hit delete!

16. pinOi32

Apr 24, 2014
    Game was updated.

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Not sure what the update changed?

18. pinOi32

Apr 24, 2014
    #58 pinOi32, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    There's a button in the bottom left corner that tells you what was included in the update.

Btw, every class has their own auto-dmg dealing skill when you're in close contact with a zombie.

19. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Energy regen? Why shoot zombies when you can knife?

20. pinOi32

Apr 24, 2014
    #60 pinOi32, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    Scratch that last build I said. Here's what I'm doing instead:

Assault Class/
    25 Energy Regen
    25 Knife
    15 Health Regen
    10 Health
    25 ?

I don't know if I should lvl up Energy, or just keep it at default.