Universal SAS: Zombie Assault 4 (by Ninja Kiwi)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Oct 22, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #21 L.Lawliet, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    Well no internet needed? Time to give SAS some free money :D

You forgot to mention, freemium games should always have timers! If you're enjoying yourself... well too bad!!

2. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Hahaha ^

Energy systems are the WORST! Glad there's not one by the sounds of it so far

3. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #23 L.Lawliet, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    Okay, ask me questions!

This is my sleeper "free" game of the month. I do say month because this game has so much polish and it's actually deep. There's lots of items, upgrading, leveling, skill points, and weapons. Also 3 classes to pick from with general abilities and class specific abilities. I'm so addicted right now. It has one of the best menu interfaces I've ever seen. Seriously gorgeous. I feel like I'm playing a spin off of a Resident Evil game.

The currency so far is very generous. You can even watch some vids for free money.

The only thing the bothers me is that I feel like the campaign may be too short. There's only 12 levels and some levels are timed so you have to beat them within a certain limit. In that effect, the game may become short. Not sure if there's any survival levels but I'm going to attempt to try multiplayer right now. I consider multiplayer a separate experience from Single Player so I wouldn't count that in the length category.

4. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Are you able to select who you play multiplayer with? (gamecenter hopefully)

Also how do you deal with an already stellar backlog when something like this gets thrown at you!?

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like it. When I hit multiplayer it looks for matches then randomly puts you into a group with a random match. I guess it's a bit simple but the upside is it matches quickly. However you can't continue with your group, it kicks you out after the level finishes.

Well.. since it's free, you won't be losing anything by playing :D

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Gosh how could i forget timers! I am so deeply sorry for it but those are of course...also not in the Game. Again I am more then sure that the team from Ninja Kiwi didn't understand what Freemium is nowadays. /sarcasm off

7. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    What class is everyone's favourite so far? I'm leaning towards assault, haven't had much time to play though today

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I've only tried two classes (you have to unlock more). So far I'd say assault is the best without trying the medic. Assault has an awesome knife toggle that will auto slash zombies that you get near.

The heavy gets heavy weapons but you'll find stronger weapons for assault later on. Heavy gets a lot of health / defense bonuses but they seem to nullify itself since you're slower so you'll be getting hit more. Assault has a lot of fun skills to use.

9. taiga97

taiga97 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    After playing a bit, I say it's pretty good. I have mixed feelings about how you obtain weapons and armor but it's not that bad. I will say that I don't like that there's no survival mode like in 3(I may just be too early in the game) but it's not that bad of a game, and so far the IAPs are only optional. There's no harm in trying a free game.

10. The Infamous E

The Infamous E Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Any reports on how it runs on ipad? I have a mini retina and the zombie animations seemed pretty stiff when I tried it on my iPhone 5c. I really want to like this game, but couldn't get past that...

11. colcourtney

colcourtney Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Male
    Perth, Australia
    Ok loving the game so far. There is a grind to it but it's fair and the IAP's aren't in your face. But please for the love of God can we loose the full screen pop up ads? I'd gladly pay to get rid. They are spoiling the game for me.
    ####

12. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Gave this a try tonight (4s, 6.1.3) and it plays really quite wonderfully. I finished the first two single player missions as the Medic. The first map is rather Bah like the first map in 3, but the second map is a firm two thumbs up as you traverse many areas before finishing the mission. Getting the strongboxes in levels while playing is a good way to get some upgrades. It doesn't seem too random with the drops as so far it's all been stuff I needed without duplication (though I do have two vests they are quite different).

Really so far I'm optimistcally positive that this could actually be a keeper. I had more fun with it than when I tried SAS3 yesterday. This could be great multiplayer but I think I read its random which sit of kills multiplayer for me as I'd like to play this with my squad of kids.

13. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Agree these ads after the stage is really annoying. I would gladly make a purchase if it disabled them!

Having a blast playing this game though! Reminds me of dead nation, multiplayer has been fun and stable

14. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I love these quality games that sneak in with little fanfare. And even though the game mechanics are by no means ground breaking, the game is slick and polished, with enough rpg to make interesting. Unfortunately, games that utilize a static top down perspective do not lend themselves well to shooters as the field of view is so limited, so it can be frustrating not being able to seen what's coming until it's right on you. Fortunately, being a zombie game, most mobs I ve encountered don't attack from range, so the issue is somewhat moot. I would encourage the devs to work on camera dynamics, making the view shift more towards the player firing direction which could alleviate this limitation. Otherwise, enjoying it, and ads are minor inconvenience, but definately not a deal breaker.

15. FRnchFRy

FRnchFRy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    :D top ten!

Attached Files:

16. xKiNGPiN

xKiNGPiN Member

Oct 26, 2014
    #36 xKiNGPiN, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
    I'm surprised this game isn't even in the top 20 of the "Hot New Games" list.

17. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Still playing still enjoying. Is it me or are the zombie droids exceptionally op, or are you just supposed to run from them? Play felt balanced u till they were introduced in the VIP mission. Guess this is where I. Supposed to throw blind cash at the game in hopes it randomly gives me the gear I need to survive. Not!

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Same here. It's a really good game that's not getting enough attention. It sucks that so many games end up like this.

19. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    #39 Cadenza, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    Is it possible to reset augment choice on a weapon? I got a really good weapon but gave it a crappy augment.
    Also, does this game only have 7 stages? I'm already on stage 5 and so far only saw one boss type (headless blue fat thing), and maybe 4 types of enemies (normal zombie, zombie that spits, shield zombie and the green worm thing).

20. TheNoobOfTheCentury

TheNoobOfTheCentury Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    This game is really good and extremely fun, but aside from an option to invite friends, can you PLEASE add survival maps in multiplayer, so when you get to multiplayer you will have the option to do online survival or online survival!! And other than that the game is ###########!