Universal Sanitarium (by DotEmu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Oct 28, 2015.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, honestly I thought I would never play with the Pad option (and fullscreen), yet here I am on the third chapter and am doing just that. The port's wonderful.

I think people forget that Sanitarium, the original, was never really that polished to begin with. It especially pales when you compare it to the other games mentioned in this thread (Grim, Longest Journey) and even other games like the Monkey Island series and whatnot...but the great thing is, it didn't have to be. For what it lacks in polish, it makes up in everything else. Oh, and another thing: For those complaining about the controls, are you guys aware that you have to keep the right mouse button held down at all times to move in the original?

2. jamesmcadams82

jamesmcadams82 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Aye, it's working fine for me again now - I think it was the previous version of Controllers4all that was causing issues, but not positive.

3. conscript

conscript Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 25, 2012
    #43 conscript, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    I gave up on it as I can't figure out how to use the towel on the power cable. Normally with these types of games it's pretty intuitive, but here I'm not even sure if I equipped the towel.

4. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    I got tricked up on that one as well. Be sure that you are standing in the correct place on the screen, basically as far right as you can go.

The game is excellent, and well worth the time in completing it.

5. conscript

conscript Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 25, 2012
    Thanks David, that worked! I guess it really is that finicky!

6. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Controls are awful. I can't get the aforementioned towel puzzle to work on iPhone 6+. It's not clear when an item is equipped or how to use said item.