Universal Sandstorm: Pirate Wars (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Apr 8, 2015.

1. beekeo

beekeo Member

Jul 9, 2012
    I was initially very underwhelmed by the combat system, but I stuck with it anyhow and I am enjoying it quite a bit.
    Instead of aiming and shooting, it's more like you're the captain of the ship directing the system management. It's slow at first when you only have one or two things to work with, but when you're watching 3 or 5 systems and watching your own health and shields as well as the enemy's, it does get frenetic.
    PvE combat can be a bit boring, but boss ships can be challenging.
    PvP combat is much more interesting and can expose you to rare weapon systems that you haven't seen or haven't tried yet.

F2P is very non-intrusive, to the point where I question the long-term profitability of the game. I *could* throw down grind currency or premium for better rewards, but I don't have to and at my current level I don't see where I would feel real pressure to spend money. Maybe that will change.
    The daily loot crates hold good ship system upgrades.
    Once you buy the second ship (3-5 quests' worth of grind currency) you can send it on farming runs that give you materials for weapon upgrades.

My main gripe is the non-story fetch quests that have you traveling across multiple zones, it can be hard to tell how far away you need to go and if that is worth your time.

2. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Only got to play for a min or two when I connected to Facebook and it crashed and now it won't start. #
    Was looking forward to this as well.