Android Sandbox City - Cars, Zombies, Ragdolls! (Early Access) [FREE]

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by VoxelBoy, Jun 1, 2020.

1. VoxelBoy

VoxelBoy Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Male
    Unity Expert and Founder at Salted Caramel Games
    Hey everyone,

I just released Sandbox City on Google Play (Early Access): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.reckoning.carragdoll

screenshot_3.png screenshot_4.png screenshot_5.png screenshot_raw_2_noUI.PNG

I've been working on this game for a few months now and I wanted to get something out on the store as soon as I had something that felt a bit of fun on my hands to collect early feedback. It's a bit of a stretch to call it a "game" yet but we will get there soon.

I put a lot of focus so far on two main parts:

- Character/ragdoll physics. Using the PuppetMaster package for Unity, I was able to make the characters' animations physically active. As you run into them with your character or run over them with your car, they will react realistically and try to protect themselves while falling. I've always had a soft spot for ragdoll physics in games (Max Payne 2 anyone?) and this is my own take on ragdoll physics that feels fun.

- Graphics settings. If you tap the gear icon at the top left, you will open a Settings side panel with loads of graphics options. I wanted to give the players complete freedom over selecting the graphics options they care about, along with existing presets that make it easy for people that don't want to bother with every option.

That being said, I'd be very happy if you played it and told me everything that you love or hate about it so I can get to fixing it to make the game better :)

Thanks!

2. VoxelBoy

VoxelBoy Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Male
    Unity Expert and Founder at Salted Caramel Games
    Hey everyone

I just released an update to the game with the following improvements:
    - Added one big and one small ramp for additional stunt fun!
    - Added SloMo toggle to top-right corner.
    - Added an option in Settings for disabling SloMo after every collision.
    - The game now auto-detects the ideal Graphics Quality preset for your device. This happens on first launch but can also be triggered from Settings.
    - Improved movement joystick. Player character no longer goes instantly from walking to running but instead speeds up gradually.
    - Further optimized app size.

I will try to release a new update every couple of days.

Have fun!