Universal SAMURAI SHODOWN II - (by SNK PLAYMORE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 26, 2013.

1. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Touché

2. addi_x000

addi_x000 Member

Jun 26, 2013
    The game is good but the controls are just painfully pitiful...

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I haven't had one little issue with the controls. Considering its on the touchscreen, the controls are just as good as KOF's & SF's. I haven't found myself fighting with them once since getting it... But then again, I knew what to expect with virtual controls in a fighter.

4. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    If anyone's interested in hearing... The more I play, the better I feel about this one. I've been playing on the hardest difficulty to try and get better, and then went back to the easiest this morning and got to the 4th opponent.

I do feel like the more I play, the better I get, and I've been focusing on just one character instead of switching between a coue of them every game I start or every continue. I quit using continues, but I might try and get as far as I can later today by continuing for about 30 minutes...

I'm definitely frustrated, but that hasn't really effected my enjoyment of the game. I'm still VERY glad that we've got this on our iDevices...

And I still haven't had one issue with the controls. I have the A+B and C+D active, but no SP button (I feel like using that is just one step above cheating...), and I'm able to pull off special moves with out a problem about 95% of the time... Which is about what it is when I play fighting games with physical controls...

5. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Is there a bug when viewing character moves when in a game? I swear that it's always showing me the wrong character's moves.

Also, is the original worth purchasing? It's on PSN.

6. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    IMO the first SS is the best one. SS II is a close 2nd, but SS 1 has always been my favorite.

7. waxlabo

waxlabo New Member

Dec 14, 2012
    iCade support doesn't seem to work on iPad 1, only iPad 2 and up?

8. ExitPlanetDust

ExitPlanetDust Active Member

Oct 4, 2013
    IT
    Austin, TX
    #68 ExitPlanetDust, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    I noticed this is still on sale.

What is the iCade layout? Judging from DotEMU's previous titles I'm guessing:

AC
    BD(maybe)

Edit: Got my answer from the price drop thread.

BCD
    A

Just like the old MVS cabs. :D

9. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I just snagged this and am enjoying it.

The controls aren't bad. Ive been using the 4 button setup with the SP button on. If you hit the SP button without a directional input, you get a standing AB (hard) slash so really, you're only sacrificing the jumping Hard Slash, CD Kick and a few special moves (unless you do them manually) by using 4 button+SP setup.

This is a great port and the file size is pretty small too which is nice considering I only have an 8GB iPhone. :(

10. zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    Great point on the four button setup. I may try it again.

11. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Just picked this up in the sale.

I can't reconfigure all the buttons on iPad Air! All the buttons start max size and are huge on screen. If I reduce the size most of the buttons are places underneath the joystick area and I can't seem to select them, all stuck on the left side of the screen overlapping each other.

Anyone else had this problem?

12. LisaVi

LisaVi Member

May 12, 2012
    I am having the same problem. It is completely unplayable as a result. I am trying to play it on an iPad Mini 2.

13. LisaVi

LisaVi Member

May 12, 2012
    Hi neonbible and anyone else who has had this problem with the key configuration. I don't have an exact way that I fixed it but I can tell you what I did to finally get the keys separated and working.

I'm sure you noticed that when you try to resize the keys to make them smaller most of the keys then quickly shift to the left and go under the virtual joystick. What I found to work is moving this slider really quick and somehow some of the keys don't shift as fast and make it under the virtual joystick. I was then able to somehow grab the two or three keys left under the virtual joystick and pull them out by holding a finger on the virtual joystick and dragging with another finger the keys underneath it. Somehow it pulled them out from underneath it. I'm a bit wary of resetting to default to confirm that this will work again.

I'm sorry if this sounds confusing but it's kind of hard to explain. I believe any of you who have experienced probably understand what I mean.

14. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Hi LisaVi, many thanks for the tips, seemed to get it working by playing with the slider bar yay!! Not sure why it is so buggy as its fine on KOF games and imagine its easy to fix.

But wow this game is super hard, can only get to the second d guy on easiest.

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    The latest update added MFi support

16. mikkel1977

mikkel1977 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    MFI doesn't work

Ya, I got the Stratus XL from Steel Series. It works with King Of Fighters but not Samurai Shodown 2, only A & B buttons are working.

Can Dev fix this?

17. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I had a similar problem when I connected my PS3 controller to my phone and tried to play the game. There's no button mapping option that I could find and like you said, only two buttons worked.

18. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    On sale for a buck but it hasn't been updated since September of 2014 so you might just be renting it for a few months.

19. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Thank You Very Much SNK & Dotemu 4 returning iOS fun with your heArtwork to us fans.

Here’z still l#kin at you Dotemu about anything in the Darkstalkers series#❤️# & #Congratulations# on your new conglomeration!

20. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    SNK CEO recently announced the launch of a new mobile game series(SAMURAI SHODOWN) at the Tencent conference in China. :)