Universal Samurai II: Vengeance (by Madfinger Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 20, 2010.

1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    The beta file still works fine on my ipad. But it has a different OS (4.2) so not sure if that made a difference in your case or not.

2. bazraking

bazraking Member

Sep 7, 2010
    #142 bazraking, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
    this game doesnt show on my gamecentre. is this just me or a general thing?

but i still love this game so awesome

3. Hardbattle

Hardbattle Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009

Also - just tried deleting the game, and then re-installing it... And it still crashes at exactly the same momement. I assume I'm at the end of a level, in a circular room, I kill everybody and then the screen just freezes on black. You have to reset the game to exit.

4. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    maybe its taking sometime...

5. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    Its still crashing after you reboot device ? We just tested it and its running well on 3.2 iOS

6. Hardbattle

Hardbattle Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009

Yep - still crashing after reboot and/or reinstallation.... Happens every time. I've played the first level 6 times now...

7. rogerchiu

rogerchiu Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Assistant Manager
    Hong Kong
    #147 rogerchiu, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
    I think you can sent your crash file to DEV, they can trouble shoot it much easier. :D

EDIT: Just click the evil button. I bought Samurai and Samurai HD before. Support DEV. ^_^
    EDIT2: Just quick play the first chapter with iPad (v3.2.2 non-JB). It does not crash on chapter 1. I saved the game at the beginning of chapter 2. It works fine. Will test it in iPodTouch 1g and iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 tonight.

8. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    The same thing happened to me at the same spot earlier on my Touch 2G 4.1 as I mentioned earlier in the thread. However, I played it again a little while ago and that time it didn't go black and then crash.

9. woodn

woodn Active Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Game Developer & Graphic Designer
    Switzerland
    just played this on my ipad and iphone 4. love the new controls! very nice game so far :)

small bug: when i was in dojo mode and touched the scroll just after i finished one round / stage, the combos panel showed up and i couldn't get out of that screen anymore. had to close the app and remove it from the "recent-but-still-running-in-the-background-apps-panel" aswell.

10. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Even with a promo code, I just bought the game to support Madfinger.
    To everyone out there: Get it! Get it! Get it!

11. dark1x

dark1x Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Absolutely amazing to behold, this game is. Seriously, I'm very impressed with what they've achieved. The game runs at a nearly rock solid 60 fps (very minor hitches here and there, but really, it's pretty steady) and features some of the cleanest visuals I've seen on the platform. Might just be the most impressive looking game on the App Store at this point. Epic Citadel is more impressive, technically, but it was just a tech demo and ran at a much lower framerate. Seeing visuals like this at 60 fps is pretty insane. Hard to believe this is being rendered by a phone.

Game is pretty fun as well. Simplistic to be sure, but pretty addictive for a mobile game. They definitely nailed this.

12. iMick

iMick Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Student
    The Netherlands
    Thanks madfinger games for making this awesome game. Visuals are amazing and the way the combo systems works is very smooth. This is now 1 of my favorite games on the iPhone of all time.

13. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I hold you 100% responsible for this madfinger !!!!!!

Downloaded Samurai 2 last night but was midnight launch so didn't try and play it ..... this morning ... i had 5 minutes spare before needing to leave for work so i thought i'd have a go and see how it measured up.....

25 minutes later before i realised and then late for work!!!!! Damn you Madfinger for making this so bloody good!!!!
    :D:D:D:D

14. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    How long does this game take to beat about?

15. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    About 3 hours. But thats for me who already played the game multiple times. In the first run it can easily take 4-5 hours especially considering the last couple of chapters are hard to beat in one try.

16. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Roll, roll, roll through the gates of hell.

And roll some more. And then do combos.

17. holymadness

holymadness Active Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Cell shading seems like a very good way to take advantage of the iPhone's hardware capabilities. I'm always a little bit saddened when I see games like Ravensword or Hero of Sparta trying to be Unreal 3 clones and failing with their horribly pixellated environments and blocky NPCs.

Maybe Epic Citadel will change my mind about 'true' 3D graphics, but until then, I'm very much in favour of this approach.

18. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Pardon me your majesty, but why was my post ridiculous?

It's not like I was asking the devs to drop everything and make the game 3.1+ compatible by tomorrow. I said in a 'future update' because I don't own a computer at the moment. Not everyone can afford certain things genius.

19. magnum_2107

magnum_2107 Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    I'll sum up my feelings on this as quickly as I can. Games on a phone/mp3 player are not supposed to be this good. Thoroughly enjoyed the first Samurai. Absolutely love this one.

20. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Time to finally promote your device to a mobile computer, then ;)