Universal Samurai Blitz (Afterlight Collective)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Qwertz555, Jul 2, 2015.

1. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Sure does :) I think I unlocked the heart flare when I got the panda, but can't remember....been so busy getting long runs. Agreed, the panda is awesome. I've gone from not being able to get past the samurai level to just now getting to the skeleton level.

Also thx for the tip of the cat-tana. I thought that might give a chance at getting a cat token. I suppose that with the bird (that gives all cat tokens on drops) would make for an epic trip to the cat slots. Actually, that would probably make it a full-blown mini game Lol

2. Superbiscuit

Superbiscuit Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Indeed. Also with P.B as my pet I'm getting 40,000 per run with the blood katana (don't like he gold one) and the gold scroll so keep that in mind. If you're more skilled than I then please, use the gold katana. You'll get a ton of cash

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Devs,

Why is the wolf humping me as I run lol. I think it needs to be adjusted. Lol

Billy

Attached Files:

4. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Absolutely agree on this one. Way too close haha

5. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Does anyone know how to defeat the Samurai boss?

6. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    #166 modus_ataraxia, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    How? I have the same setup, and even with the gold katana, a full run (until stage 1 repeats) only nets me about 15k gold.

Stand in place to avoid most of his horizontal swipes. Jump if he appears next to you. Don't engage him unless you're comfortable during this time.

Three swipes will tire him out. Full arial combo when he lowers his head to rest.

7. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    thanks for the tip! Have the same question, the highest i got was 13k with pb, gold scroll and katana

8. Enamul

Enamul Member

Aug 10, 2015
    California
    Nice

nice game

9. Superbiscuit

Superbiscuit Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Whoa really? Idk how I just end up....getting that much money, i'll do a run later today and screenshot a few things

10. modus_ataraxia

Jan 7, 2015
    Tired Yet, Juicy Feast, and Dreamer are keeping me from that sweet mastery flair.

I want it. So much running left to do, though. So. Much. Running.

Hope it's worth it. ;)

11. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Top of the Food Chain and Master are the ones I'm grinding towards. I can' tell if I've actually made it to the last level. At one point I got way far ahead of anywhere else I had gotten to previously, but with the missions, I've been more focused on that stuff. Up to "60 combo", and got the leaf sword (which is awesome for combos) and grinding to pay for the eagle (to extend combos).

And per prev posts, I agree, P.B. (I dubbed him Peanut Butter) is awesome for huge gold runs....haven't generated more than $12k from a run though.

12. modus_ataraxia

Jan 7, 2015
    #172 modus_ataraxia, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Do you have all the other achievements but those two?

Having coins isn't the issue at this point, but when I recently hit 25,000 kills for Super Mega Slayer, I was still only at 112,000m traveled. That's not even half the total distance needed for Tired Yet, and that's after completing almost every other achievement in the game. 50 ramen and 50 balloon games is going to take a while, with the ad each time, and the cooldown on the mini-game.

But the ads should be generating revenue for this awesome game, so I don't mind. It'll just be awhile. ;)

13. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    #173 chief78, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    I haven't gotten all the challenges yet, but those 2 have a special flare, so I'm interested to see. I just got a GC achievement for 10k kills and was awarded a fox. It gives a chance to dodge an attack. Still waaaay behind you on that one Lol Haven't tried the fox yet.

Also, the 60 combo mission was easier than I thought. Once you get to level 5, the enemies are streaming pretty consistently and I actually got to a 89 combo using the blood sword, which means any sword can be used to achieve at least the 60 combo (I would assume the next one will be 75, since the previous 2 were 15 hit increases). And I'm only at 67k meters so a long ways out there as well.

EDIT: I realized I've been getting more coin in runs so I made a mental note to post back. Last run, thru stage 7, just a little ways into stage 8, and racked up 21,795 coins. That is with the coin doubler.

14. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    I am loving this game! Bought all of the non consumable IAP and I have to say this is one of the best arcade runners I've played on the AppStore. I have a few suggestions though. I would love to be able to equip multiple scrolls or even pets at once (especially pets, since the triple jump is so useful and integral to how I play now that I can't see myself ever using a different pet). Also, some sort of permanent upgrades or a mode with upgradable power ups would be cool too! Either way, this game is excellent.

15. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Yeah, they juuust updated the game. Not sure when we might see another update with additional gear etc. Would love the idea of playing with multiple pets but that would break the balance of gameplay. This game is exponentially better for this update though. Enjoy what's here ;)

16. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I definitely want to add another scroll too or maybe have some magic flare or cloths.

17. Superbiscuit

Superbiscuit Member

Jul 26, 2015
    For those who care. On my first cycle I usually have this much at this point (The turtle kinda murdered me but i'd have around 30,000 one second cycle stage 1, where I typically die)
    Btw. I do not have the coin doubler, just a note ;3

Attached Files:

18. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    whats the flair you equipped in this? looks stellar

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Well regardless they have to do another update soon. The humping wolf really needs to be fixed lol.

Billy

Devs are you still here? Someone from Touch Arcade really really needs to do a fully updated review. This game is really a different game. One of the best side scrolling auto runners I've ever played.

20. Superbiscuit

Superbiscuit Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Its the flair for beating the final boss :)