Universal Samurai Blitz (Afterlight Collective)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Qwertz555, Jul 2, 2015.

1. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    #101 icoker, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    just gotta grind it out

By the way, just a small suggestion developers. During the first animation scene (before you start your run) and when you eat your revive ramen, I feel like the animation should match the tunic you have selected.

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    It's taking forever.... I am everyday checking the AppStore updates to see if the 2.0 version is out

3. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Please be this week...

4. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #104 chief78, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    Yeah this is ridiculous. I've had apps updating every day for the last 2 weeks. Apple needs to get their act together. Release!!

EDIT: Damn, just checked the store and 7 apps had an update, still none for this one.

5. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Dropbox's been updated 3 times in 2 weeks...

6. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    by the way the smoke is probably my least favorite flair... Id like the smoke trailing right behind instead of going upwards.

7. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah I agree

8. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Nobody got news about the update?

9. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
  10. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    As Jar Jar would say, "My give up." I'm just not going to anticipate an update at this point.

11. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    AppStore didn't approve the update for a small detail so they re-sent a new update yesterday, so we'll have to wait a bit more

12. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    This is just crazy. It shouldn't take this long. I really really looked forward to this. I even played to save up 200k in coins and put aside money to spend on coins just in case. The devs should communicate better on here. I'm a huge fan but sheesh.

Billy

13. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Agreed. At this point, my "hype balloon" is completely deflated.

14. BadonkaJo

BadonkaJo New Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Hey guys! Art guy & animator at Studio Thunderhorse here.

We know your balloons might have deflated by this point, I sort of feel the same. The first time we sent the 2.0 build in for review we did it just a tiny tiny bit too late. Since we're only 1 programmer and one Artist/Animator (Me) on Samurai Blitz, it's been a huge load of work to complete everything we thought the game needed to be the best it can as a mobile game. Case (Programmer) has gone through a multitude of all-nighters to try and get it out as fast as possible.

On the art side, I never want to make anything lower quality just for the sake of an earlier release. I think you guys feel the same way. We didn't want to rush things out just to pump content in there.

There are a lot of things still to look forward to and I'm pretty hopeful it should be out sometime next week. I can tell you already that 200k won't be enough to get all the new pets, some might not even be able to be "bought", if you know what I mean.

We're really sorry it's taking this long. Of course this is relative to our release date, but we didn't expect it to take this long to review, we also didn't expect it to get rejected for something tiny that is not a bug and wasn't in the previous build. But now we know, and will take this into consideration next time around. We will a lso be unable to set a release date until the game is actually reviewed and ready to be released.

The flairs are pointed a bit more upwards to not disturb the particles from katanas that go horizontally. At least one will overlap the other if both went backwards, and we can't know which one you'd like to overlap the other, therefore we decided to seperate them =)

Another thing we've been working hard on is to optimize the game for older versions of iphones. We don't want the game to crash or lag and if it has been on your phone it has been mostly because of the way Gamemaker handles texture pages and the amount of sprites in the game at this point. Which was a huge pain to fix.

In the end, we hope you guys understand why it's taking so long and how hard it is for us to have control over the situation at this point!

Thanks for playing our game, it's really awsome how much you guys have invested in it. There will be a lot of new things to play around with and personally I'd love to see some sort of guide put together. There are so many combinations of equipment now that can be good for a lot of different situations and goals.

I think it's safe to start inflating our balloons again!

Yours truly,
    Johan

15. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Great news! I had no idea you guys were a 2-man team.....that's really awesome and impressive what you've pulled off with this game. I think we all started gettimg hyped a little too soon, but goes to show how much we love this game. Here's to hoping for this week! #

16. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Awesome news. Thank you for filling us in! I guess I'll go make more coins. I'm also glad there will be things that can't be bought and that we will have to really play for. That's really great news! I love this game very much. It's one of my favorite IOS games.

Billy

17. Superbiscuit

Superbiscuit Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Personally the balloon is still inflated here. I'm a Sonic fan. I've been wating since 1997 for a good Sonic game. I can wait a while for an update :D xD good things come to those who wait, slightly disgruntled and piturbed

18. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Another week with the update.... It's getting really long

19. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    yup. but a samurai must have his patience

20. Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse Member