Universal Samurai Blitz (Afterlight Collective)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Qwertz555, Jul 2, 2015.

1. setomoto

setomoto Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2015
    I am having game save issue. I bought the coin doubler and grinded enough times to purchase the shadow thing from the night market. Then I quit the app and get back in the next day, my purchase was gone and the money I had returned to yesterday BEFORE i started the grind. Any experienced the same thing? It doesn't do this all the time, but I don't know when the game will save or when it won't.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #42 LordShad0wz, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    Luckily I have not had any saving issues and I've purchased 3 IAP's. I do not see anything where you can sync your device and online save so it's automatic and sounds like your device is not saving. Are you on a stable internet connection? Have you contacted the dev team on Facebook? I talked with one yesterday via messenger. I'm using the IPhone 5s 64 gig running iOS 8.4. What are you using?

Also I'm stupid. I didn't realize the gold chest cost 2 cat idols. So I wasn't cheated at all. However one thing I do have an issue with is if you get an extra heart from the chest and quit out of the game you lose it. Maybe that could be addressed?

I got my flare on! Hehehe. I really love this game. I can't wait to see what the next update brings!

Come on devs post some teaser pics?!

Billy

Attached Files:

3. Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Samurai Blitz version 1.0.1 is now in the App Store, fixing a dreaded crash bug. Full update notes below, go update now!

REVIVAL RAMEN
    -Reviving with ramen now has two options. You can revive with deluxe ramen, bringing you back to life with 3 hearts and no coins lost at the expense of a video ad (Sorry! We have to make sure we can afford real life ramen!).
    BUG FIXES
    -An issue causing crashes has been fixed.
    -An invincibility bug was smashed, no cheating!
    -A boss would sometimes strip your fabulous sword and tunic to default, so we fixed that. They just don't understand fashion.
    GAME CENTER
    -Game center now auto signs in when you launch the game.
    -We've added a new leaderboard, total distance! Now we can see who the most dedicated samurai is.
    Thanks for playing Samurai Blitz! We're now hard at work on a huge content update, we're really excited about this one!

Teaser pics soon ;)

4. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I have no issue with the ads for a second chance. It's not forced its done by choice. The coins are given out so little that I would actually prefer to watch the ad instead of spending half of the coins I earned on the run.

Billy

5. Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse Member

Jul 4, 2015
    [​IMG]

A little peek at what's to come in the Samurai Blitz 2.0 update!

We're working with making any ads 100% optional, so glad you think so!

6. Superbiscuit

Superbiscuit Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Hey! You guys did a great job with creating an endless runner that looks and feels great. Literally got myself an account just so I can participate in this thread xD
    Anyway, I've come across a few new issues since the 1.0.1 update. Whilst the dreaded every five second crashes got fixed the delux ramen now seems to crash my game everytime I use it, however on the first day after the update it worked perfectly everytime. I've also had an encounter with the aformentioned bug where sometimes the game does not save my progress when I leave.
    Sorry to pick out these things, I gotta be critical with the things I love so that maybe one day it can be perfect :D and as a final note, what is everyones favorite flair? I'm about to get one and I want to know which ones look the best

7. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Looks like China just sent another panda to Japan ^^ will those animals (followers) do anything or is it just for fun?

8. Superbiscuit

Superbiscuit Member

Jul 26, 2015
    The more I look at that leaf effect the more I realise that I want a cherry blosom version haha

Fabulous flamin' samurai for president

Attached Files:

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #49 LordShad0wz, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    I haven't gotten them all but so far my favorite flair is the flame one. I have the one that casts a shadow and it's done weirdly so I don't use it.

Dev's what does the panda do ? Also devs what I'm trying to figure out is what triggers a scroll to recharge? Is it timed or is it replenished after a certain distance?

Billy

Attached Files:

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Magic!

Totally broke on coins now. Time to replenish. Lol

Billy

Attached Files:

11. Superbiscuit

Superbiscuit Member

Jul 26, 2015
    #51 Superbiscuit, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    After messing around with my ipad for a while I managed to fix the delux ramen crash bug ^^ guess it was something I was doing wrong. But losing progress at random does kinda suck, happened to me twice today :/ luckily its just 6000 I lost :D

12. Superbiscuit

Superbiscuit Member

Jul 26, 2015
    #52 Superbiscuit, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Haha! Got my Super Saiyan 2 on!

Attached Files:

13. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Does it change anything or is it only for fun?

14. Superbiscuit

Superbiscuit Member

Jul 26, 2015
    #54 Superbiscuit, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    Yeah its just for fun and the electrical flair reminds me of super saiyan 2's electric aura. Speaking of I highly recommend that flair

15. Superbiscuit

Superbiscuit Member

Jul 26, 2015
    #55 Superbiscuit, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    Holy crap can you get some cool effects stack ontop of each other.
    On another note, well on my way to 100% in this current version
    Edit: just hit 100% except for 2 flairs ^^ a testiment to me having no life

16. Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Another sneaky peeky of the big Samurai Blitz update coming soon.. we're getting spooky!

[​IMG]

Thanks Superbiscuit, we're glad you're enjoying the game! A lot more things to collect soon!

17. samur

samur Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Game Designer / Owner @ JamCastle
    Warsaw
    Amazing update coming :) I love the game. I think it's one of few runners in which battling is implemented in such dynamic, flawless way :) Love the controls and how everything in game translates to a retro-arcade-cabinet like feel :)

18. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Looks sooooooo gooooooood!!!! I want this now ^^

19. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #59 chief78, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    So glad to see this game picking up steam :) This is, by a good margin, my favorite runner that has comeout this year (hell, last year too!)

20. MarsMachine

MarsMachine Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Zurich, Switzerland
    #60 MarsMachine, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Awesome Job devs! I love this game! I posted this already in the comments in the TA post about the upcoming update, but these things would make the game even better for me:

- Option to skip the score screen & restart immediately after end game (I am too impatient to wait for the scores to be added one by one)
    - A restart button in game or in the pause menu, in case you are having a bad run
    - Highscore for total enemies killed

I think these things are essential for these just-one-more-try-games!

Keep up the great work! I will gladly pay a buck or two IAP for that panda!