Universal Samurai Blitz (Afterlight Collective)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Qwertz555, Jul 2, 2015.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea, this definitely was a sleeper hit last week. Such a fun game.

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I am very looking forward to it! Will it include the white wolf only or will there be more animals/spirits/gods in the future? Could be actually cool to add some divine attack (maybe one of those Shinto or Buddhist gods could help us for a special attack)

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm still trying to figure out what or how to get those locked flair things lol. I can't wait for the white wolf!

Billy

4. Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse Member

Jul 4, 2015
    @djstout

There will be more!

@LordShad0wz

Haha, keep searching! The info is somewhere in the game... maybe someone can help.

5. addictor

addictor Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Pretty fun game but nothing new here, just one more meaningless runner :)

6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Are there any differences in the swords you can buy or are they cosmetic?

Not a huge fan of "runners" but digging this for a quick pick up and play.

7. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=265364][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265482][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265365][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265375][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265655][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265496][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265536][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265356][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265363][​IMG][/thread]

Samurai Blitz

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

July 2nd, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

8. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Really loving this game, but have 1 small gripe. As score is based entirely on distance, there is no incentive when attempting to compete for scores to actually attack enemies - it's best to just run along the ground and jump the occasional gap. This is frustrating as the attacking element is the most fun aspect of the game but it is best to ignore when competing on the leaderboards.

A possible solution to this would be a scoring system which rewards players for combos and kills as well as distance.

Other than that though the games animations and art are fantastic and even the revive system feels fair and non-intrusive. Also wondering how to get the flair thing.

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Totally whole heartedly agree with this solution. Spot on! I still haven't gotten a damn flair thing lol. I did make it almost to the end of the second area though.

Billy

10. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    #30 modus_ataraxia, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Enjoying the game, but I feel like I'll never be able to buy anything in the shop. I already made it to the last stage shown the trailer (red background on the roof with demon samurai), but I didn't reach the boss. :(

All my runs only got me about 15,000, which isn't much.

11. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    I found a small bug that I'd love you guys to fix. I twice in a row got more than 4 hearts (life) but when I took the heart, nothing happened and I still had 4 instead of 5, which was so annoying as those hearts are already too rare and hard to get.

12. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    WTH.....? This thread just magically popped up. I've been waiting since last week to see anything on this...glitch?

Anyway, been playing for a week and am in love with this game. An all-around fantastic endless runner with nice timing-based slashing. And the art style is spot-on to boot. I cannot recommend this enough. I went ahead and got the coin doubler to support the dev after like two runs #

13. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    this games amazing in many aspects. But I seem to encounter crash every once in a while on my iPhone 4S

14. Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Thanks guys!

@jbsib That's definitely a good idea that we will look into. We have noticed that several top scores don't have a high combo, so switching it to a total score would be great.

@djstout Hearts actually cap at 4 at the moment :)

We've been hard at work this week on an update. We've solved some issues that caused crashes which will be included as soon as we can get it in the store.

15. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    I think you should rise the cap to 5 or 6, maybe add a special item to let us start with an extra heart

16. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Finally reached level 4 which I like very much, not too sure what comes next but if you're going to add a few level (or a boss mode) would be so great to see a level in a temple (or shrine) with all those Buddha/gods

17. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I 2nd that ####

18. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Finally noticed by TA with a good 4.5/5 review. Any update to come soon?

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Has anyone figured out how to get a flair? I have played and played and have yet to unlock one. Also has anyone had issues with the cat idols? I've gotten multiple ones in several plays and at the end I can only choose one chest.

Any help with the flair thing would be greatly appreciated.

Billy

20. Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Yeah we're all really buzzing about the review! Definitely nice to see it rated so highly. We're still waiting for the crash bug fix to be reviewed for the app store. Other than that, we're working hard on a huge content update for SB. We'll share some specifics as we get closer to releasing it!

For the cat problem, the ones with a yellow outline require 2 cats to open. That's not very clear, but that will be changed in the big update coming.

Aw, don't want to spoil exactly how to get the flairs, but poke around the market at night (real time) when it's dark.