Universal Samorost 3 (by Amanita Design)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 1, 2016.

1. It depends what you're used to. Some things were/are frustrating for me, but I'm enjoying it more now that I have a better understanding of how the game thinks. I had similar issues with Lumino City. Both games are gorgeous but could have used some "quality of life" improvements, especially for the iOS versions. I'm not a big fan of pixel hunting, and wouldn't have minded a hot spot locator just to see what my options are when I think I've exhausted everything.

2. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #42 Leegames, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Ye, that's the strange thing. They do. From classic Monkey Island to recent stuff like The Silent Age. But they do seem more restricted, less artsy fartsy and hence logical, which might be the issue for me with games from this dev.

3. brogmoid

brogmoid Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2015
    a series of tubes
    the south side of the sky
    Machinarium is my favorite game ever on iOS. Absolutely perfect for me in every way.
    The earlier Samorost games were cute but not at the level of Machinarium IMO.
    I adored the visuals in Botanicula but just never quite got drawn into the game.

But I love Samorost 3 so far. The tile puzzle early on is brilliant!

4. Ok, seriously. Has anyone managed to get iCloud to work? Now that I've gotten deeper in, it's killing me that I can't mess around and try to solve some puzzles while I'm out. Devs haven't gotten back to me about it and I just want to know if it's working for anyone.

5. James Cameron

James Cameron Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Best game I've played in years. Machinarium fans rejoice! They've made a game to equal it! Beautiful game, absolutely stunning

6. rymdkultur

rymdkultur Active Member

Mar 9, 2014
    it's amazing, from start to finish. best game i've played this year. go buy it if you haven't already!

7. Just thought I'd say that once I got used to everything, I ended up loving it. It's especially fun to figure out all the hidden achievements. I still think it could have started off more clearly, but definitely one of my favorite adventure games.

8. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    Loving this so far! What a gorgeous game.

It's been so long since the original two Samorosts that I can't remember what happened in them, but I suppose it doesn't matter.

I've seen Machinarium mentioned a bunch of times in this thread. For those who loved it, I also recommend The Tiny Bang Story, a game that really seemed to fly under the radar even though it's quite similar. (It's probably also a little easier, if that was an issue for you.) I like The Tiny Bang Story so much I've played it through twice -- once on Mac, and again on the iPad.

Cheers.

9. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Do you have to have played 1 & 2 to understand what's going on in 3? This game looks beautiful, I'm interested, but don't want to be lost starting on "3".

10. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Price drop! Just grabbed it.