iPad Sally's Salon

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ricky, Dec 6, 2008.

1. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Is this game really THAT good? I have never played Diner Dash but the concept looks cool. I'm a guy though, so I don't want people to question my masculinity... But is it worth it?

2. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Dude, there's like three threads about this subject. Use the the SEARCH option next time...And yes, it's worth it...

3. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Sorry, I didn't realize that... I should have checked. Sorry for the inconvenience.

4. you might grow ovaries if you buy it

j/k

i downloaded it today

teehee

5. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    It's definitely worth it if you don't have DD. I'm a guy and to fix that I just put BIA and Asphalt next to it, LOL :)

6. evanmav

evanmav Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    LMAO!!! i have it hidden on the last page, but it truly is a great game and i think its better and harder than dinerdash. because u have to move people more and do multiple things at one station and it gets hard and theres sooo many costumizations to make it easier in the shop. i def recommend it, the only girly thing is its called sally's salon.

7. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    It's a good game.
    But it does get dull after a while.

I recommended Sally's Salon before because it is a much better port compared to the tiny sprites Diner Dash offered. It is however, much less of a challenge.

This is a must buy for times when you need to keep your girlfriend busy :)

8. Liljeberg

Liljeberg Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Graphic Designer / IT Support
    Sweden
    #8 Liljeberg, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
    I'm so tired of always seeing people comment on Sally's Saloon with "isn't it too girlie" and stuff like that. Grow up will you! If you feel ashamed of playing a game just because it features a woman and hairdressing you should start questioning your self-confidence.

About the actual game, I love it but it is a bit too easy and gets a bit boring once you have purchased all the upgrades. For a dollar it is definately worth it.

9. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I have played it for about 5 min. I am a huge fan of diner dash and this is similar. They are very fun action games.

10. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    :)
    Well said!! Bravo!! It's annoying to read comments like these from people. It's as if they are going to turn "gay" if they play the game which also smacks of homophobia and that is also disgusting to me.

I don't stay away from certain games because they are "too boy" or full of men killing/being destructive because I'm a woman. I know some women would def think I'm crazy for being into games of that nature but they love the Wii. Being a female but that doesn't mean I automatically want to get the game because it features a female. I am drawn to the game because it looks like a good challenge, it looks fun and the videos/reviews were very positive. I'm delighted it's STILL under a buck so I think I'm going to buy it this weekend.

11. This game is my favorite time management on iphone. And no I don't feel like a gay hairdresser at all. No worries in that department rest assured.

12. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Ditto. It's a great time management game that had me and my wife playing it till really late on several nights trying to get the minimum scores to advance. Definitely fun while it lasted.

13. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    What's New In Version 1.1.16

• *New* drag and drop feature (can revert to the touch mechanism in Options)
    • 5 additional locations
    • Upgraded graphics
    • Enhanced visual effects
    • Mutli-task support
    • Bug fixes
    • Landscape orientation support