Sales Stats at 3 weeks.

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by atommo, Aug 4, 2009.

1. atommo

atommo Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Developer
    @pharmx
    We've only had access to a part time artist up to this point, and unfortunately he's no longer available to us.

That's a huge obstacle for devs with no money, as it's relatively easy to find a coder who will work on a project with you for no cash up front, but artists don't seem to go that way - despite the starving artist stereotype :)

So we've got a full time coder, a part time coder, designer/tester/prototype artist, and a sound guy. But no full time artist. I was thinking of kidnapping one. :)

2. kshep

kshep Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Sep 15, 2008
    Hey Atommo,

Great game, I love it! The best way I can think to describe it is as a brilliant twist on Frogger. The music and sound fx add a lot to the game play too. I love the boing boing sound of the rabbit. I'd definitely recommend this to others.

My only thought for improvement is that the controls need work. It's nice that you provide 3 different options, but none of them felt super natural to me. I ended up settling on thumb stick controls. I felt like they gave me the most control to weave in and out of traffic. Unfortunately, I still had trouble with my finger blocking strategic parts of the screen at times. It might be better to simply have a corner of the screen dedicated to a virtual joystick, and making that part of the screen non-essential to game play.

Overall, great game, but I think it's critical to improve the controls. I don't think they are intuitive enough. If people get frustrated with the controls, they might delete the game before they have a chance to discover what a gem it is.

Hope that helps! Keep up the great work!

-Keith

3. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Well, in a way you can't blame the artists either....without a guarantee that the game will sell, they won't want to risk not getting paid.

At any rate, I'm digging RKC :D

edit: I second what Keith said with respect to controls.