Universal Sage Solitaire (By Zach Gage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by vectorarchitekt, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Jamie84303

Jamie84303 Active Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Thanks Zach! I'll submit some post update feedback. Hoping it helps with the heat issue I've been experiencing too.

2. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    version 1.0.1 is out. Mostly small bug fixes (anyone who was experiencing a crash on launch, hopefully that is fixed here), added some twitter sharing options

next update should be more significant

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I just wanted to say I just started playing and I'm loving the game. Really well done. It was very easy to pick up and understand. The tutorial was great.

Really well done. And thank you for putting one IAP to unlock everything. Absolutely awesome! I made the purchase to show my support.

I'm going to play some more and report back later. I left a nice 5 star review on the AppStore.

Billy

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Such a fantastic game! We at home love it!
    Congrats for being chosen as the official GAME OF THE WEEK! You deserve it, Zach!

5. Thrak360

Thrak360 Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Yes I have an old iPod Touch 4th gen. Stopped getting supported for iOS updates at 6.1.6.

6. phlo

phlo New Member

Jul 12, 2010
    fun to play.. and very addictive :)
    Bought it - thanks for the good game

7. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Keeping me entertained today while the power is out. Thanks again, Zach!

8. twoeyedcyclops

Dec 19, 2014
    I have an iPod Touch 5th Gen and with the update the game is working perfectly for me now, and I have to say I love this game! It's just a pleasure to play. There is a very appealing modesty about the game. While other games seem to go for sensory overload, this just has great gameplay, elegant rules, a seamless interface, and it's easy on the eyes. I was more than happy to pay $2.99 for the extra content, which just seems like a steal for a game I will be playing for a long, long time.

9. Scarletti

Scarletti Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Working fine now for me on iPod 5 after the update. I like having some games that can be played vertical like this on a phone or iPod. Plan to unlock it.

10. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    I bought the IAP night of release. I knew right away this was well worth it. If you haven't purchased the IAP yet do it makes the game even better with double deck. Congrats Dev! Great game.

11. webdaffy

webdaffy Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Congratulation for this awesome game!!
    Wish you lots of commercial success with it.

Only a minor thing but
    PLEASE,PLEASE add some small graphical effect
    when clearing the board instead of showing
    just a bland result page.

Other games do this with a small firework,
    confetti or card fountain animation.
    Can't explain why but anything that visually
    tells me I did an perfect run is so much more
    rewarding/motivational.

All the best

12. atomicshed

atomicshed New Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Suggestion for getting users to buy into the IAP
    A days trial with the other modes.
    Or play once, 48hour lockout
    ?

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I like the idea! Give me fireworks! Hehe

Billy

14. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Would love to see this get featured on the App Store. It certainly deserves it. I've got my wife hooked on it now too, as it is right in her wheelhouse as a game that's easy to jump into but has depth lurking under the surface.

15. Mj1ggy

Mj1ggy Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Decided to buy the unlock since you seem prepared to support and expand the game with more modes. Any way you can add average scores to statistic tracking?

16. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    Hey everyone! Thanks so much for all the positivity! Sorry I was mostly absent from the forum today — i spent the whole day working on a vegas mode. It's definitely getting close!

I will definitely add an effect on table clear in the next update as well to make it a little more celebratory.
    I'll see what I can do about getting average score in there

17. webdaffy

webdaffy Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Awesome!!!
    Looking forward to the table cleared firework :)

btw:
    another nice statistic which could be tracked is: cleared table streak

18. FledgeFish

FledgeFish Active Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #98 FledgeFish, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    I love the game but I feel like the hint button should be limited to like 3 uses per game. I got my current high score by just spamming the hint button. Amazing other than that though

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    A low FPS mode would be wonderful. Furdemption has a battery save mode and it makes a HUGE difference yet I can't even tell the gameplay has changed. I get way better battery. I'm running an iPhone6 btw.

I also agree hint maybe should be limited to maybe 5 ish times? I like hitting it whenever but when I think about people using it to get the best absolute stats on leaderboards it seems a bit bothersome.

20. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    L.Lawliet - Definitely will be adding a low fps mode to the next update
    L.Lawliet, FledgeFish - The hint button has gotten a really positive reception so I don't want to mess with it, but I can promise you I would be surprised if anyone is scoring over 1200 solely relying on it (although depending on what scores you're getting that's either comforting or not). The further you move from 1200->2000 the less helpful it becomes. The hope with the hint button is that it would make the game more comfortable for people who aren't used to spotting poker hands, so I didn't want to limit its use.

atomicshed - doing a little demo is definitely something I was considering, although I'm not sure if I'm going to go down that route or not yet. At minimum I'll at least ad some descriptions of the modes in-game so people know what they're getting