Universal Sage Solitaire (By Zach Gage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by vectorarchitekt, Aug 27, 2015.

1. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    Please consider adding Achievements.

2. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    You're welcome!

I love the game, good gameplay, nice backgrounds & card decks.
    I'm gonna show it to my father, he like card games as well. ;)

Attached Files:

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #43 JCho133, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Can anyone explain to me the other 2 game modes? I assume Double Deck is just a longer version of Single Deck, but what's Fifteens?

4. Scarletti

Scarletti Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Same here on iPod 5. Opens fine on iPhone 5s. Both with iOS 8.4.1.

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Same as regular but with 1 new interesting hand type, "Any group of cards that adds up to EXACTLY 15".

6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Double Deck uses two full decks of cards, so it makes slightly different hands possible (I can use two Queens of Hearts, for example, because I have two full decks). Other than two of every card, everything else is the same.

Fifteens actually adds an extra hand, which is any card that add up to fifteen. Ten and five, jack and two and three, seven and eight, etc.

7. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    everyone whose stuck on the main screen - I'm so sorry about this. I'm working on solving it today.

nkarafo - haha ah sorry not planning on stopping any time soon :p

esty8nine - the one by popcap/ea!

PsYcHoNoVa - DEFINITELY adding achievements. I have a whole little list of things to do if this didn't totally flop. Seems like it's not totally flopping so I'm gonna get started. I think achievements is the first feature I'm adding. If you're deep into it there's already a secret tiny tiny achievement in there, if you manage to ever beat a deck without trashing a card you'll get a ! next to your 0.

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Glad it's going pretty well so far, stfi!

Any plans for new modes? Just played my first game of Fifteens and it's surprising how much of a difference one more hand option can make. Would love to see some modes that sorta bend the rules even more

9. Professionalbum

Professionalbum Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Professional bum
    The Prison Planet
    One question makes me skeptical of purchasing the IAP: why can't K-A-2 be considered a straight?

10. Jobyn

Jobyn Active Member

Jul 22, 2009
    That has never been a hand in poker. Just because the ace can be used in two settings doesn't mean that it wraps around. Think of it as a number line and not a clock.

11. uhdrill

uhdrill Active Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Stfi, thank you for an amazing game! Instantly unlocked and loving it!!!

Without any more support this will still be a steal of a purchase, but I do have a single request, even if you add it in as DLC and that would be a Vegas/cumulative mode. It's by far the most enjoyable way to play Klondike solitaire and some tweaks to the points per hand to convert the value to a dollar amount would make this a perfect game.

Just a suggestion but I hope you consider it and thanks again :)

12. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Thanks for the speedy response, =] ok guys lets talk strats. My highest is 1200 single deck, but it was just luck, let's hear some tips. Seems to me like you don't want to lose the bottom row early on so you can make more combos to choose from, besides that I don't really have much. Also find myself throwing away cards if I have one card short for a flush or something like that, but it doesn't pay off a lot lol

13. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Turns out this is a pretty common house rule. I also didn't know this wasn't legit until this game. I actually looked it up because I thought it was a bug.

14. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I asked the same thing because I'm not as familiar with poker. And I've played other games where it was allowed but yeah it turns out that's a standard poker rule.

15. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I think my high is 1500. Luck is definitely a factor and I'm still trying to figure out some solid strategies. I never trash a multiplier suit card if I can avoid it. I always try to use at least one card from the top row in order to whittle down the stack. Finally, the best advice I've seen for scoring higher is quoted below.
    On another note, was wondering if a Conserve Battery option would be a possibility. It might just be my phone or imagination, but the game seems to consume a fair amount of battery life (even with the Low Motion setting activated). Not a major issue, obviously, but just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks again to Zach for making another unsurprisingly awesome game!

16. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    uhdrill- Could you go into more detail about the vegas style feature you're looking for? I'm not super familiar with that style of game, but it sounds pretty interesting, and like something I would definitely consider

Sash-O- thanks for the purchase! I hope your dad likes it too!

JCho133 - Definitely I have plans for two new modes already, One will be free and one will be part of the paid unlock. I don't want to say too much about them yet, but they are definitely coming.

Professionalbum- yep! like everyone says, like in Poker, the Ace doesnt wrap around. Sorry that was confusing!

Guise - So glad you're enjoying it— especially since you've been playing my games for so long! I would feel awful if I'd let you down. I could probably do a conserve battery like what Pac256 does, which is they run at 30fps instead of 60

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    So I have a question about how you came up with the hand hierarchy in this game. I understand not going for traditional poker hands, i.e. the ability to make 3 card straights and not allowing two pairs makes for way more interesting strategy.

But as an avid poker player I'm having to constantly fight against my own brain because you have flush ranked higher than a full house. In my head if both are possible on a board I'll instantly go for the full house unless I happen to catch myself first. Just seems like kind of a strange quirk and I wondered if there was reasoning behind it. Brilliant game that I love despite that though :)

18. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    Boardumb - great question! The reason flushes are ranked higher than full houses are because they have other downsides. Flushes are either going to have no Bonus cards in them, or be made of all bonus cards, which removes quite a lot from your potential point total. Full-Houses on the other hand could have 1, none, or more than 1 bonus card in them (which would double the value of the hand). So the higher flush value is to make up for the fact that it's unlikely that you'll have a bonus card in your flush

19. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #59 Guise, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Thank you!

As for a conserve battery, it probably isn't a necessity unless other players notice/mention it. I have no idea how difficult or involved it would be to implement. And it's entirely possible that I just played the game for a really long time without realizing it, resulting in a depleted battery. Anyhow, keep rocking and ruling.

20. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I thought my battery was going rather quickly too, but I have an old 5c and also I've been playing this a ridiculous amount