Universal SaGa SCARLET GRACE : AMBITIONS (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by L.Lawliet, Dec 3, 2019.

1. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Just out of interest what’s wrong with chaos rings 3 for you? Seems to be working on my iphone on iOS 13

2. Xanthos

Xanthos Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    It disappoints me to hell that "Controller Support" still isn't a proper tag in the appstore despite MFi existing for so long.

Son of Anarchy and ac166 like this.
  3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Don't get me wrong. I do agree that there needs to be more of that sort of transparency on the App Store, especially when there's already info on Game Center, Family Sharing and whatnot. Who knows, maybe Apple Arcade's layout will make way for an App Store design overhaul at some point.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The screen is moved half way down so half the screen is missing. You can sort by "newest" on the reviews as pretty much everyone else has the same problem. SQE also acknowledged it over an email I sent them when ios13 came out a long time ago. If yours is running fine it might be your device I don't know?

ac166 likes this.
  5. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #25 Son of Anarchy, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    I was thinking about asking the same thing. I read the comments and thought I’d check out how ruined it was but found it was exactly how I remembered, totally normal. Tested on an iPad fifth gen, latest OS.

6. etienu

etienu Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I I love it so far. I couldn’t get into RS2, so I passed on RS3. So maybe when I finish this one it’ll be like Dragon Quest, where I played them in reverse order, appreciating them more and more as I see how revolutionary they actually were.

7. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Hey so I've just discovered: it's not iOS 13 that's the problem, just the device screen ratio, the game works fine on my old iPhone 7 and on my iPad, it's just on iPhone X that it renders weird.. if you have an iPad maybe try that? :)

8. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    I dunno. This game sucks. I can’t just figure out anything and even weakest enemies kill my entire party. And I can’t restore LP(life count of party)

Quoad likes this.
  9. jkluk23

jkluk23 Active Member

Mar 13, 2014
    #29 jkluk23, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    I have a limited budget and it’s between this and the last remnant. Could someone please let me which one they enjoyed more and why?

P.S. - I am currently playing RS 3 and enjoying it.

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #30 stubbieoz, Dec 21, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    What device is that on? I’m guessing an iPhoneX or similar where the game must be taking up the whole screen vertically.

I have the large iPad Pro 3rd gen and the home bar disappears fine, and tapping only makes it appear as a black bar (thankfully not white) that is hardly noticeable. (admittedly the iPad version doesn’t fill the top and bottom of the screen).

I do absolutely agree with you about that damn home bar in general though.
    Would be terrific if Apple gave the option for the user to get rid of it. It became totally useless very quickly.

Edit:
    Okay, so I tried it on my iPhone 8+ and I can instantly see where there is a problem. When playing using “Modern” display the interface changes completely and has some buttons right down the bottom of the screen that a home bar would certainly cause an issue with.
    The menu description says that Modern setting should be used for larger displays and Classic for smaller ones.
    It should instead say Modern for iPads and Classic for iPhones, because apart from the button issue the interface is way too small on a iPhone in Modern mode, well for me anyway.

Classic mode was fine on my phone and I would assume it should also be good on an iPhoneX or similar.

JindoFox likes this.
  11. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    In case no one replies who has played both, I have just bought them and will be playing on a large iPad Pro and could give very, very, early comparisons and thoughts if thats of any help or if you want any device specific answers.

12. jkluk23

jkluk23 Active Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Playing on a iPhone XR. I guess what I’m asking is which one you are enjoying more? What are the differences (which I’m sure is a lot)? If you could only buy one what would it be? I am playing romance 3 and am enjoying it quite a bit, but from what I understand it is very different?

13. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Playing the two games side by side will be impossible for me due to how both games are introducing me to totally new combat systems. I have played both for a couple of hours and realise it is time to stop playing one.

I’m pretty much going to be no use to you sorry.
    I haven’t played any SaGa games before so I cannot compare.
    Both this game and Remnant are very different to my previous JRPG’s such as Final Fantasy series, Chaos Rings 2, Kemco stuff, etc.
    I don’t have an iPhoneX so I don’t how they play on that device, but I tried on my iPhone 8+ and both were fine.
    Both games are extremely well made production wise.

I can only suggest you go read the thread over at The Last Remnant (you probably have anyway) and like me get as much info from the net about both.
    I have decided to play Remnant first as the combat, while different and introduces a lot of new mechanics to me, has been the easiest for me to get somewhat a handle on.

All I can say is that I am very happy with both games and if either interest you you wont be disappointed.

ps. If price is a major concern, Remnant is cheaper and Scarlet is dearer even though it is on sale and will go up in price early next year, but you know all that for sure.

14. jkluk23

jkluk23 Active Member

Mar 13, 2014
    #34 jkluk23, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    Awesome! Thank you for the insightful thoughts on both games.

15. jkluk23

jkluk23 Active Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Could anyone please tell about the similarities and or differences between this and RS3?

16. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @L.Lawliet @stubbieoz Turn “Guided Access” on in your X family devices to get rid of the home indicator.

You may probably know this already, but I’m using X devices since day 1 and learned this just a few months ago so... hope it helps! :)

17. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Yeah I did know and even discussed it here somewhere in the past but typically for me I completely forgot about it, so thanks heaps for reminding.:D

18. EroNasubi

EroNasubi Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    #38 EroNasubi, Dec 25, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    I may have missed certain settings. For me, if I use the guided access trick, then every time when I need to switch to other apps, I have to triple-press the side button. Is there a way to avoid this?

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I learned his recently however it just bugs me I can't screen cap or record video in this mode. And maybe notifications won't work? I can use it for longer play sessions but with my phone being my "do it all" device, there's too much downside for me unfortunately.

20. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I believe you can set it up for Siri to turn it on/off.