Safari Update??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by CandyNJ66, Mar 21, 2009.

1. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I've had my ipod touch for only 6 weeks or so. The apple update thing came up this morning and said Safari 3.2.2 Is this the newest Safari? I have no idea which version of Safari is on my ipod touch or whether I should download that.

Anyone know? Thank you. :)

2. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    i have had mine pretty close to the release date of the first gen and ive never seen this before....i wish i could help

3. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Nope, I don't really know. But if you don't like the current Safari, in 3.0 it's pretty good.

4. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    That is refering to the safari browser on your computer LOL.

5. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    It says Apple update. I don't have Safari on my computer. It says pc, mac and iphone

6. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I think that the Apple Updater is offering you to install Safari as a new software application on your PC. Usually those installers try to get you to install more software than you usually intended to. :rolleyes:
    Could that be it? (I'm not using Safari, I don't even know if it's compatible with PC's or Macs only)

7. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I wish I knew. It is possible. I don't know. I rebooted so the apple update installer thing is gone now.

8. nikinikiniki

nikinikiniki Active Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Southern California
    Yea it's definitely asking you to install Safari on your computer with the newest version. I tried it once and it is basically like Safari for an Apple but on a PC. You'll occassionally get more of those pop ups asking you to update Mobile Me and Quicktime as well. You don't have to download/update it if you don't want to- I never do besides that one time and my computer and iPhone work just fine.

9. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

It's for your computer. Safari is Mac/PC compatible. When you install iTunes, it installs Apple Software Updater, which encourages you to install Safari, MobileMe control panel, and Bonjour. Its that simple. If you don't want Safari, then uncheck it. It is not for iPod/iPhone.

10. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Yeah I'm not going to install it. I was thinking Safari would automatically be updated, so it made no sense.

Thanks for the info! :)

11. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    aaahhh i see lol, well i feel a little dumb right now