Sad Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Anonomation, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

There's a happy thread so this has to exist.

############

2. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Let me guess, someone will create a Disgust, Anger and Fear threads :v

3. Anonomation

There's already multiple threads for bitching, so disgust and anger are out of the way.

That makes me saaaaaaad. :(

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Okay, guess I'll get this one started, since something sad happened recently to us. My wife's sister had her house burn to the ground and she lost everything but the clothes on her back! Even worse, her dog was killed in the fire as well! She's a mess and she's devastated as you'd expect. She's single and lived by herself. We started a collection for her and so far we've been able to collect like $7000 and lots of items like clothes, some furniture, and gift cards to get her back on her feet. It's very sad. Really makes you stop and think about how much you appreciate what you have, man. :(

5. Anonomation

OMG. I'm even more sad now. I feel for your wife's sister. :( # I couldn't go on if that happened to me.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Damn poor sister and poor dog, hate to think of the way that dog died. Terrible.

I dont mean this in a rude way, but in the US how does it work with house insurance ? I presumed everyone had it ? I know healthcare is different in the US (As in the UK we get that for free for everyone).

And yeah some things like that (or when someone has a terrible accident) makes you appreciate what you've got or how things are even more

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    That's awful. I hope your sister in law gets back on her feet as quick as possible.

A older lady on my Mums street had a house fire, it didn't burn down but she lost everything, it was Christmas Eve and I'll never forget the look on her face as she stood on the street as she watched everything burn, decades of stuff all gone.

Must be devastating for you sister in law.

8. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Mines more minor but still kinda bummed me out, my Sony BTX 300 bluetooth speaker has started acting strangely and I'm just past the warranty on it it's annoying because I have older far cheaper speakers that still work like new and it's like the third Sony product has done this to me (so safe to say I'm skipping them now).

Cheered myself up by by spending money on a BOSE soundlink mini 2, I can't really afford that at this moment in time but I know their really good speakers as I bought a few for gifts last xmas. I'll just have to skimp a bit the rest of this month.

9. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Wayward Souls was pirated by 89% of Android players

10. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #10 bigrand1, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    Yeah. Looking to see if she can get some therapy or meds or something. She's having a real hard time going forward. Totally consumed by it and blames herself for it. Unreal.... And the look on her face is just heartbreaking! It was on the news here and someone put it on YouTube. If you go to 'house fire and dog dies in Hancock Park', you can see it and there's even a vid showing like 4 firemen desperately trying to revive the dog! Freaking unbearable to watch, I'm telling ya!

11. Anonomation

When I was 5, I was in the car with my grandma and the car was shot at. Iowa looking t the shooters, and a bullet went straight towards my window. My mothers car (which wasn't supposed to be driven) had some window errors, and the bullet got stuck in between the window. My grandma was shot in the leg and my older cousin was asleep, knowing nothing about what had happened until we stopped at a gas station and needed help. I would not be here today if I was hit.

Sometimes occasionally remember it but its usually like it never happened for me.

12. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I know, bud! No. She was renting and did not have renter's insurance. It's so expensive.

Don't get me started on our healthcare here, man. Our leaders are a bunch of idiots! There's absolutely no excuse for us still having it mostly through our employers. So lots of employers all across the board are trying to cut full-time employment to part-time so they don't have to give them any benefits!! If they had any brains, (or really cared to take care of the people) we'd have it the way you have it!! I'm afraid our country is seriously going down the tubes, and FAST! And our leaders have the nerve to try to get other countries to do things our way?! They're laughing their heads off at us! Now THATS pretty sad, too!!:mad: