Universal Sacred Legends (by FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 29, 2016.

1. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    #21 forsakenxe, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    I do agree with what most others already said, its not a good game.

Graphics

The graphics are nice though, the fidelity is high and for this genre with it's Extrems in character depiction it is very welcome that the characters look Normal, the monsters look cool, attacks have very cool effects and even the menu looks superb. While there could be better looking games like this I do not remember one so this takes the price.

4.2/5

Sound

Honestly I didn't really like it much, but it's alright. There is nothing that really got my attention and my first thought after typing "sound" was "oh yeah... hm idk". Which basically ums it up, nothing cool here except some sounds of abilities etc.

2.8/5

Gameplay

I finished the first chapter so I didn't even unlock some functions but as I played so many of these kind of games I can assume what they are. The biggest problem with the game is that it is really slow paced for something that you will play in autobattle for a long time at the start. Using those abilities does not really require anything special and animations are very poorly done in my oppinion. I really had to force myself to finish act one and that says something.
    As far as I know you also only have that one hero and can collect soulstones for heros which are basically just a passive stat boost.... I could go on but the main point to take away here is: the gameplay is boring, slow has been done better by so many games and is just totally outdated.

1.5/5

Payment model

Well not much to say here, except your usual f2p stuff and it does not seem to get generous. No monthly package which almost always hurts me (unless I missed it). Stamina, premium currency, more currency in gold, daily rewards and missions but not many rewards here. Events at the moment also only five you +5% xp where nexon gave out 5 star heroes and premium currency in their gotcha game. below average.

Conclusion

Overall I can only recommend this to people really into pretty graphic sacred lore I guess. If you are looking for a nice Arpg try hit and if you are looking for a hero collecting game try Chaos chronicle. Sacred legends seems like a mix of thos genres gone wrong.

2/5

2. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Cheers for your feedback, guys. We cherish all the input we get, positive and negative. We know that Sacred Legends is different from its counterparts on PC and console. We believe that such a "broken down" RPG experience works best for bite-sized play on phones and tablets. However, there's more to the game than you might see at first glimpse. The real challenge lies within the meta-gameplay. Looting, leveling, equipping, forging, progressing and so on. Once you have done this for a while and been bitten by the Sacred bug, it's really hard to turn Sacred Legends down again. But, of course, we also understand that this kind of gameplay is not for everybody. So even if you ended up finding that Sacred Legends ain't your cup of tea, thanks for checking it out in the first place. :)

3. opertuv

opertuv Member

Aug 16, 2016
    I haven't given up on it yet :)

I'm back to work today so I'll get a chance to play the game like I do most games. Auto battling could be nice considering its on a mobile device, especially after reading your comments about the meta.

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Gave it a try, even finished first chapter.
    Don't have the time to give a more detailed critique, so I'll just say that it's not my cup of tea, and I can pretty much second forsakenxe's feedback.

What I DO have to point out very positively:
    With very few exceptions (like one or two instances where you need more than one tap to get back to the main screen), the UI is excellently done:
    The overall UI is very clean and crisp, buttons are big enough even for my large fingers, etc. Good job on that, looks like I'll use it for reference in the future ;)

5. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    That's good to read. I have not really given up but at the moment there are just better alternatives out there and for me the graphics and UI are not enough. I have watchlisted and it will reinstall, once my critics are addressed. Cheers!

6. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012

BTW, here's our official launch trailer for those of you who haven't seen it yet. Enjoy, install and enter the fight! :)

7. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I hope the devs are still watching this thread.

Your allies system seems completely broken. I have been playing for 4 days now and still do not have a single ally. I have asked every player met. 90% of the time I get "this person has too many requests". The other 10% of the time it goes through. However, every single person I have added this way has, looking in the requests list, not played for more than 30 days.

Further irritations are that I continue to get mostly the same level 3-6 people as recommended allies, over and over again, despite me advancing to level 23. It is to the point where I have to be heavily over geared and do the areas solo because my recommended allies all die in one hit now.

Of course, in the arena, there are plenty of people my level and much stronger, but I still get the same level 3-6 allies recommended as helpers.

Please fix or change this system.

8. Sandplayer

Sandplayer New Member

Aug 28, 2016
    I am enjoying the game but the allies system is not working properly.

9. senirmusashi

senirmusashi New Member

Aug 28, 2016
    #29 senirmusashi, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    This game as of now is pretty mediocre. Cookie cutter story, not many classes, etc. The worst part about it is how quickly you run out of things to do. Bread runs out way too quickly, then outside of a couple 10 second dungeon runs and 5 quick arena battle per day, you have nothing to do and it is too expensive to refresh your bread. I am level 30 and bored stiff, just staring at the screen trying to think of something to do. Forget it.

10. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Thanks for the reports, guys. We will look into the matter right away and check what's wrong with the friend invites.

11. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    FYI, we have just started our first large-scale in-game event in Sacred Legends, called The First Savior Of Ancaria. To win you have to beat each chapter (starting with chapter V) sooner than your competitors. Hop over to http://blog.dsfishlabs.com/en/sacredlegends-event-1stsavior for more info on the rules, objectives and prizes!

[​IMG]

12. spidersynth

spidersynth Member

Apr 6, 2015
    I really tried to like this game. After playing for a week I feel is not really that different from a bunch of others. Graphically it's beautiful. But I find the story lacking and the gameplay the same as dozens of other games out there. Other than the IP nothing really stands out. If it would have been a hack and slash rpg like the original with these graphics it could have been amazing.

13. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Thanks for your feedback, senirmusashi. And for giving our game a try. We will, of course, work hard to add more variety to the gameplay in the future.

14. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    How about making a REAL Sacred game like Sacred 1 and 2?

15. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
  16. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Despite seeing some people not like the game,I am having some real fun with it.I just can't get enough of the visual beauty.

Btw Tobi-any news about GOF3 release date?

17. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Glad to hear that you're enjoying Sacred Legends! As for GOF3, it is being worked upon with top priority. While Sacred Legends got developed externally by Chimera Entertainment is Munich, GOF3 is being created in-house by a dedicated team. While we are making good and steady progress, we found we needed more time to prepare the game for its worldwide roll-out. So we had to move the release date from summer to autumn.

18. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012

Hey there! The "Monsters of Halloween" are now loose in Sacred Legends! The new content update adds, among others, special boss events, mythic equipment, new enemies and a gruesome end boss called the Ghost King. From Thursday, October 27 to Thursday, November 3, we will also run a spooky in-game event. If you manage to defeat the Ghost King and his ghastly entourage, you have a shot at looting mythic 6-star equipment!

19. Thorster

Thorster Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Germany
    Uups, they did it again and again and again and ... guess!

Tobi, there's somthing you guys at Fishlabs completely missed out: The AppStore is crowded with games like Sacred Legends and there's not a single smart idea hidden inside the mechanics that adds something new to the genre. It's just like all the others.

I'm deeply disappointed by what's offered here. That players are wishing for short, intense chunks of gameplay doesn't necessarily mean they are asking for dull and repetitve gameplay.

Viele Grüße aus Deutschland,

Thorster

20. Darkfyra

Darkfyra Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2017
    There is a serious issue with this game,it play itself and lack more way to interact directly with the game,mobile does not mean boring,hope you Fishlabs still read this because a good well made ios action rpg that I can play directly(when I can’t play some Diablo 3 or Grim Dawn because I’m not at home) would be great,the battler style is not bad but I would love more interaction and less seeing my character do everything for me,it lack what I actually find fun,also there is far too many automated titles like this and except in the premium stuff,nothing for the true gamers out there.I understand that it need to be simplified for mobile but it does not mean dumbing it down.Games are meant to be played not played themselves.Take example on games like Path of Exile.