Universal Saber's Edge - Puzzle RPG (by Hibernum Creations Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 10, 2016.

1. LeOink

LeOink New Member

Dec 26, 2015
    #41 LeOink, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    There is a problem in 11 battle from main quest. Game ask me to link 3 blue tiles - but there's only 2 blue tile and one red bomb, and I'm stuck. Is this is an error or I can't figures it out ?

Nwm it's working I just restart game a couple of times...

2. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    The monetisation on this is deranged (!)

I don't mind IAPs in a decent freemium game. I don't even mind pop-ups.

But to greet me with a £26 IAP as the first or second offer, with many others similarly priced... Wtaf?! They're way over-pricing their goods (!)

3. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Typical free to play drivel. Generic art design. Generic gameplay. Unimaginative all around.

4. Cromwell

Cromwell Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Selfemployed PC Service technican
    Cologne, Germany
    Same crap as always. Anyone who spend money on this should visit a mental hospital together with Donald Dumb...

5. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    So, it looks like there are tons of characters to unlock, but I'm at rank 15 and still only have the three characters from the tutorial. The way the game is set up, it seems like you are supposed to get new people regularly and experiment with different team members, but... I have three. The campaign and daily challenges are started to get pretty hard with only three (looks like you are supposed to have 4) so I don't know what's happening.

Is this how the game is supposed to be?

6. Morgan01

Morgan01 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    #46 Morgan01, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    It's an interesting puzzle game, but, of course, free to play. The worse part is the constant freezing, forcing you to close out the app and repeat whatever you were doing.

7. Mcwomble

Mcwomble Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Login Error:
    After reaching level 11 I made an in app purchase. When I opened the chest the screen turned white and the game crashed, requiring it to be closed. Since restarting the game I've been unable to log into my account, with the "Login Failed" message appearing repeatedl. I tried loading my account on another device with the same result. ATM I'm locked out of the game.

8. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I could have maybe gotten behind this game, at least for a while. Until I realized I wasn't recruiting anyone, only 1/50 or 1/100 of a crewman. If grinding were fun, it wouldn't be called grinding. I agree with the others. Typical insulting f2p drivel that has all but ruined the once bright promise of mobile gaming.

9. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    How many characters does everyone have and when did you get them?

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I have 2 different games going. One game is Rank 11 with characters at level 9. 3 characters.

The other game is Rank 20. Characters are between level 9 and 14. 5 charaters.

I got a Beast Master common character very earli in the game - maybe 3 or 4 games in the main quest, and then Blue Rarity -Tepak when I was around Rank 9 or 10.

So, big difference between the 2 games. You can go back in the main quest and replay areas. If you havent collected the cards they are highlighted, and there is a possibility of getting that character. Once they are greyed out, I dont think you can get them. A lot about the game that is difficult to figure out and no where to get answers.

Having to wait a full 24 hours for things to turn over also makes the game less attractive.

11. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #51 houseofg, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    I have communicated with the dev via Facebook messenger and they are extremely quick to respond. They are possibly putting together a FAQ.

I played this to level 40 during soft, with no paywall and only moderate grinding. They kept making significant changes to it along the way (usually not for the better in my opinion- dumbed it down). I'm fairly burnt out on it (Primal Legends is currently scratching my match 3 itch in a big way) but I do think it's a quality, fair game for the most part.

Don't get too wrapped up in collecting characters. Even if they were easier to get, it always seemed to me like it was best to pour all resources into your core team. There is not a huge difference among them.

12. Mcwomble

Mcwomble Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Managed to login successfully. Had the standard response to a ticket when I submitted a request for support, in French though. My purchase was intact and everything seems ok. Will continue to assess game. So far I'm cautiously impressed.

13. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    Thanks for the tip about replaying earlier battles. I'll have to try that.

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Primal legends is fun - thanks for the tip. Having to wait for hours on chests is a drag though.

15. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Should feel awfully familiar if you play/ed Clash Royale... Haha.

I'll send you a PM for an add me.

16. aramys71

aramys71 Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Hi ! I like the game so far, artwork is really incredible and i like match3 rpg so it was for me! Combat mechanism is awesome !
    But i'm stuck ar level 13 with my 3 initials characters... Its really long to unlock others and grinding dont help as i always get Exp cards. One more anoying thing is that the game is not generous at all : i still didnt find the ring i need to upgrade my characters...
    This game really need a monthly pack at 5 bucks (not 35)
    Dev dont respond anymore in this forum ? Is this game abandonned ?

17. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    The game is far from abandoned but unfortunately the dev indicated that they don't frequent TA. As I mentioned above, if you go to their Facebook page and send a message or post, you will hear back very quickly.

You really don't need new characters to progress in this game though, yes, it can get grindy. But the initial 4, especially Viktor, are very useful.

18. JEMelby

JEMelby Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Equipment

What's the deal with equipment? I've got better stuff for my tunes from the forge, but I can't seem to actually USE the better gear. I've tried forging items that the tunes are already using into the next version... I've tried incrementally equipping better gear... Nothing I forge seems to get used!

19. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Once equipped, you can only upgrade. You can tap and hold on items in the forge to how they upgrade and the forge needed items. I am finding that there is almost always a need for the basic stuff and the only way to get that stuff is the 22,000 coin chsts for 30 cards and hope you get what yiu need.

20. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Man that whole equipment system changed entirely upon launch. It was always individual pieces with the usual rarity and upgrade fodder system before release.