Universal rymdkapsel - (by webbfarbror AB)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Nope that's all there is.

2. lr1919

lr1919 Active Member

Nov 9, 2011
    3rd play-through got the 45-min challenge, 40 min. I rule.

3. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Engrossing game; much more so than screenshots, videos, or impressions were cluing me in. Does seem a shame there is not simply some sort of random endless mode with a map to be explored though.

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Is this game fun for people that don't like RTS games too much?

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Yes, it's kinda a unique and fun (but short) experience. It's very easy to learn the mechanics and the game is very simple (+ the tutorial is easy to understand).

I hope the devs add more content...

6. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    So it is lacking in content and longevity at the moment?

7. Poto

Poto Member

Mar 30, 2013
    If you guys are interested in minimalistic RTS type games why don't you try Auralux.

8. NickyNichols

NickyNichols Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Each play through is going to take you 1 hour or more, and it's impossible to put down, so if you don't have an hour to spare, don't even bother playing.

9. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I laughed at how true this is :)

10. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    But it does have multitasking capability, right? So I can start a game and play a few minutes, then take a cal, play some Injustice iOS, and then a few hours later pick it right back up and it will be where I left it?

11. Tweet_moo

Tweet_moo Member

May 31, 2011
    Amazing game ,, i love it #

12. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I am extremely satisfied with this game. I love the minimalist design and contemplative atmosphere. Unlike some of the other contributors to the discussion, I find it very challenging (probably due to my lack of experience with RTS games) and find much replay value in it because of this. Although bearing marked differences in terms of gameplay, it appeals to me in a very similar manner as Eufloria does with its abstract design and light RTS elements.

13. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Just read the reviews on the AppStore. Almost all are saying its a great game, but provides no challenge (and thus no replay-ability) and that it lacks on missions (content). I'm hoping for an update, because I really liked what I played, but there's currently no point at playing the game again.

14. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Yes, this game does lack a lot of the elements that most RTS type games usually have... But the point of this game is not to have a hardcore RTS experience. It is supposed to be a simplified, stripped down, casual experience without all the usual trappings of a typical RTS. Even the graphics are simplified to go with the minimalist design. I think it all works extremely well, from the combat, base building, and art style, to the UI and precise controls. An update with more missions, troop types, enemies, weapons, and maps would be great, but it isn't really necessary. It is the exact experience the dev had in mind and it works really well!

15. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Lol, I must be an absolute rts moron cos I find this game maddeningly difficult! I almost wet my pants with joy when I completed the first mission an I'm way off getting the next two!
    So for me there is plenty of replay ability as I'm constantly trying again to tweak my approach.

I would love a few more missions too though and potentially would it be that hard to make the monoliths change position with each game? Just to add a little bit of unpredictability.

16. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Watched some videos of the game and here's a concern I have (that contains a question for you guys):

It says there's "no cost" for cancelling rooms that aren't finished yet, but then the tetronimoes don't seem to "roll back". Or if they actually do and I missed that, at least you could quickly place two and then delete the first one, so that you got access to the second one without actually using the one before that. Do you know what I mean?

Are there any counter-measures? Because otherwise this seems like a totally exploitable mechanic to me that lets you effectively circumvent the issue of randomized tetronimoes.

17. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    i absouletly love this game.

18. Trentos

Trentos Active Member

May 19, 2012
    Draftsperson
    Melbourne, Australia
    #58 Trentos, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
    Yes, you can avoid certain tetrominos in this way. While there's no resource deductions for this; it does waste valuable time. I've tried this. It can take almost a minute sometimes to find the tetromino you want. Each time you must put the tetromino in the field, accept it and delete it before any minions begin building it.

19. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Guys, it's "tetromino" like domino.

20. Trentos

Trentos Active Member

May 19, 2012
    Draftsperson
    Melbourne, Australia
    #60 Trentos, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
    Haaa I thought so. It felt weird typing it. I was too lazy to fix it, though i'll edit now. Thanks.