Universal rymdkapsel - (by webbfarbror AB)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 31, 2013.

1. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Looks like this is my only purchase tonight aside from a waste earlier.

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It's out in the US!

Search doesn't find it, but the link in this thread works...

3. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    #23 Infinity89, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    Can anybody tell me what this is about?I have no idea how it works?
    Don't know but scenery looks like bastion!!!

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    No, it's an RTS sim game. Kinda like a Kairosoft game. Think Space Commander on acid. Here's a great gameplay vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ZiAODbEMc

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #25 Primoz, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    Played this for 2 hours straight. At first you don't know what's the game about but after the short tutorial you understand everything. The graphics are great, professional, very esthetic. The controls are also simple and yet perfect. But this game has absolutely no replay-ability (imo). The game LACKS a certain depth. Like someone else mentioned; room upgrades, minion upgrades, unlocking new areas, perhaps a little story behind it, more enemy types (boss fights?)... This game has absolutely no depth to it and all games you play are the same.

Also, one thing is bothering me. The minions; if you send them to the weapons, they should become idle in the weapon room and not at their current location, if the weapon room already has two minions. The idle minions could that way get the weapons way faster than having to still walk all the way to the room.

6. Timobrow

Timobrow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    Amazing game! I was wondering why everyone thought the game was so hard as 45 mins into my first game I had not lost many minions. I had also researched 2 of 4 monoliths. However, wave 19 wiped out half my minions, severely damaging my station and constructing. I proceeded to lose all but one minion in the next round as I hadn't sent my minions to their stations in time, so by wave 21 I was left with 2 minions, who were obviously obliterated. That single round has hooked me on the game, and I intend to defeat all 3 missions before I even consider putting this game down for good. Probably the best $4.49 I've ever spent on the App Store, so I highly recommend it.

7. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Game Impressions

The game's great fun, but I have to agree with everyone that's saying there's not much in terms of replay value.

My first game just ended at wave 31 around 70 minutes in. I researched all monoliths in 45:19. I was extremely close to completing all three goals in my first game. Since I didn't, I'll get at least one more run out of it. If I had, however, there wouldn't have been much of anything to bring me back for another round.

There's high score chasing, but that works better for bite-sized games, not situations like this. I'm sure some people will be into that, but trying to beat my score in a game where each attempt is going to be the better part of an hour or longer just doesn't sound great to me.

Once you've got the formula down, it's done. You know how to handle the game and there's really no variation. All you can do is refine the design for slightly better results.

I do recommend the game to anyone interested as you'll get at least an hour or two of entertainment from it. Potentially more depending on how well you do and if you want to chase high scores. But if you're looking for a game with good replay value/longevity, you may want to look elsewhere. I would love to see an update in the future to add something to remedy that because I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It just leaves me wishing there was that little something to keep me coming back for more.

8. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    This is the most interesting looking release this week. I am just wondering are there check points or does the game save your progress as you go. With 3 kids under 6 my days of being able to sit playing a game for an hour at a time are gone :) It might not suit bite sized chunks of play so I welcome people's opinions on this.

9. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Don't worry, the game keeps track of your progress. You can stop and go as you please, though only one game can be in progress at a time. Long sessions aren't necessary, but the game can certainly hold your attention and make you lose track of the time.

10. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Thanks for that. Will download this later.

11. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    There are many releases and I can't afford all and I can't decide which one should I buy?
    How does it look like on iPhone 5?

12. Terpentine Cat

Terpentine Cat Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Salzburg, Austria
    Just tried it out and got up to level 20. What a great game! Can only congratulate the dev. for creating this. I hope it will be a huge success 'cause you deserve to be supported.

13. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    The buttons for turning and putting "blocks" are too close beneath (on iPhone).

Chq

14. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

You can use taps instead: while holding the block with one thumb use the other thumb to tap the screen to rotate it, and then tap on the block to build it.

15. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Nice! Thank you. :)

Greetz Chq

16. Timobrow

Timobrow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    Just finished my second play through. I researched all monoliths by wave 14, and went on to survive until wave 31. I still really enjoyed by two game sessions, clocking in just under 2 and a half hours of game time, however I really wanted and expected more of a challenge. I'll probably come back and try to research all monoliths in under 45 minutes, however this was still slightly disappointing. By no means do I regret buying this, I stand by this being the best $4.49 I've spend on an app, just be wary that this is not a hard game. It is, however, worth the experience.

17. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    What a great game. Died after 60 minutes last night. I think my big mistake initially was not using the tetronimos as I should've -- I was focused on branching out quickly towards the monoliths instead of building from within and keeping things a bit more dense. My station was so spread out that the enemies were able to kill most of the people not in the weapons rooms by the later waves. A couple waves after that I was down to four minions, then one, then none.

18. NickyNichols

NickyNichols Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012
    You know, this was supposed to be my day off of work, and instead I am hooked on this game. Just absolutely horrible. Shame on you dev.

19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Enemies don't really vary their attack patterns?

20. Solais

Solais Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Is there more than just the first level? The map doesn't seen to be randomly generated. I've finished 2/3 of the objectives apart from the 45 min challenge. Is there more to this game that I'm missing? Don't get me wrong, I love this game. But I feel like its lacking content, at least mission/objective wise.