Ruya - A Meditative Puzzle Game About Sleep

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Wighead, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Wighead

Wighead Active Member

Apr 4, 2017
    Human
    UK
    #1 Wighead, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    [​IMG]

Hello everyone!
    I'm an Illustrator / Designer for Miracle Tea, an independent team of 4 based in Suffolk, UK. We've been working on this project alongside full time work for a while now and we're getting ready to announce our release date soon. Hope you guys dig it...​

A game of tranquility through the art of matching cute characters in Ruya's world of dreams. Visit surrealist landscapes. Decorate yourself in flowers and introspect. A calming minimalist experience with juicy interactions and cool colour combinations to lower your blood pressure. The ethereal dreamlike soundtrack will tickle your senses and pull you into a state of peaceful flow.

[​IMG]

The game features binarual beats allowing players to alter their state of consiousness into a hypnotic state of calm. A total of 64 unique puzzles with ever-changing mechanics sprinkled in. And 8 unique surrealist dreamscapes each with their own tone and mood.

[​IMG]

A heartfelt illustrated narrative unfolds Ruya's memories as you progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- Out on iOS soon! -

[​IMG]

Press kit
    www.ruyagame.com

Twitter
    Instagram

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Looks very good. Out this summer?

3. Wighead

Wighead Active Member

Apr 4, 2017
    Human
    UK
    Thank you kindly. And yup! Hoping for the end of summer if all goes to plan.

4. Dropout_Games

Dropout_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 6, 2015
    Good to see you folks here! Get some testing done.

5. tuncertirnavali

Jul 14, 2017
    iOS Developer
    Ankara, Turkey
    Looks good and i am surprised that you named the game as "Ruya", is it "Rüya" meaning "Dream" from Turkish?

6. Wighead

Wighead Active Member

Apr 4, 2017
    Human
    UK
    Ah likewise mate. :) Forever testing!

7. Wighead

Wighead Active Member

Apr 4, 2017
    Human
    UK
    Hey thanks for the kind words. I apprecaite it. :) And yes! We chose that word specifically for a number of different reasons. The main one being that the meaning in Turkish embodies the diegisis of our game. Also we thought it sounded nice and looked clean typed out with our font.

8. Wighead

Wighead Active Member

Apr 4, 2017
    Human
    UK
    #8 Wighead, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Currently trying to figure out how to price it. We've got a 'try before you pay' model in place. But I worry that'll just frustrate people to throw that up after about a 20 minute play session. Can't help but feel that seems a little tacky too. A part of me wants have it just as a premium app but some people have told us they wouldn't expect this sort of game to be premium.