Universal Rust Bucket (by Nitrome)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by zen_mode, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #81 Guise, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Just to clarify: Is the dark grey area considered the highlighted playfield or are there different grey shades (refuse to type 'shades of grey') that each represent the active or highlighted playfield? Hope that made sense. I can probably work it out by playing more but wanted to get a veteran bucketer's advice.
    One other quick question: I've only played 5 or 6 endless games but have noticed that there always seems to be at least one gold coin after going through a gold door, whereas coins seem much harder to come by when using the side doors. Can coins be found using the side routes or are the alt doors primarily used for avoiding hazards around the gold door route? Hope that made sense.

Thanks in advance for any info or advice. After finishing the first 10 levels and moving into endless, I'm loving this game more and more. Top score is 4 right now (which I was extremely proud of at the time) and I hope to double that down the line. Rust. Bucket.

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    @Guise
    Sent you a PM. My tip-list grew too big, and i don't want to confuse more players, if my "technical blabla" wouldn't make sense.
    You toftt, lol.

3. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Qwertz, thanks for the PM tips! I could follow them and will keep them in mind when I get to play again (tonite or tomorrow). Rock on.

4. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    1. This game rules.

2. Quick question for anyone (looking in your direction, Qwertz) who might know: how exactly do the leaderboards work? In-game, my highscore for rooms is 7 and gold is 8. In the Game Center app, my highscore is 6 and gold is 7. I assume it has to do with continues/revives? I've paid to have the ads removed and thus get one free continue. Then I have the option of reviving for 5 gold, 10 gold, and so on. Do the Game Center highscores only count 1 revive, no revives, or multiple revives? I know there's the option to watch an ad for those who haven't removed them, which then earns a continue. Anyone? Hope this post isn't too convoluted. Thanks in advance for any info.

3. Rust. Bucket.

5. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I would love to see a save state to be able to stop & come back to a run. Some way of leaving the game & coming back to where you left off. Anyone agree?

Thanks.

6. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Oh man, i'm still struggling on level 19, the reason why i quitt (only for now) the endless mode.

I made my 16 rooms highscore before the update. Afterwards, i made 16 rooms again with a free + a 5 coins revive (didn't have enough coins to go on). Both leaderboards show exactly my results, whether in-game or GC direct. Btw, are endless revives possible?

I'd say, as soon as you hit either revive button, you automatically move over to the coin-leaderboard.

Nitrome, please?

Didn't try it out after the update, but before, i could leave the game paused overnight and go on the next day. Simply don't delete it from the multitask bar.

7. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #87 Guise, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    I've used the 10 coin revive and then had the option for another one costing 10 coins (which I couldn't afford). Not sure if the cost stays at that level and/or if endless revives are theoretically possible. My vote would be for the leaderboards to count 1 revive (either from removing ads or watching ads) for rooms high score. I'd actually be fine with no revives counted or multiple revives counted, since coins are only earned through playing.

I'm just a bit unclear about the differences between my in-game and Game Center scores. I thought I even noticed that my room score changed in-game from 7 to 6 and back at one point, which makes me think maybe it tracks whether the scores are earned with or without revives and shows your highest score accordingly on the Game Over screen. If that makes sense. It'd be awesome if Nitrome could explain or clarify.

Otherwise, and as always, Rust Bucket ruleth.

8. Nitrome

Nitrome Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    To the person who asked....In the next update we save the state of the game so it will let you continue from your last checkpoint even if the game is no longer in your phone memory....it was annoying us too as some levels take longer than a commute ;)

Also in the next update we should be letting people start from the first level of any pack.

The next update introduces weapons, a shopkeeper in endless mode and a new level pack!

Also work just started on the pack to follow this one! Thanks for playing everyone!

9. Nitrome

Nitrome Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    There is one score board for no revives and one with revives. If you use a revive your score turns gold to reflect this. The game still posts your best score before you revived too so you will be entered into both score boards if you revive the character.

I hope that answers your question about the scores?

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I can't wait for weapons! This definitely has my attention. Post some pics!

Billy

11. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Yes, thanks very much!

12. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Raised my high score to 9 without revives. I am inordinately proud of this. By the way, are there meant to be separate Game Center leaderboards for no revives and revives? I only see the no revive board and gold collected leaderboard. Anyhow, Rust Bucket reigns terrific!

13. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    So with the new update, lost all progress and lost the remove ads iap, restore purchases button does nothing.

14. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Eck sorry to hear that. Worked fine for me.

New puzzle levels are tough!

15. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    #95 Qwertz555, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    Congrats!
    I remember the same on exact the same room.

With my short time atm, i gave stage 21 a few (successful) attempts...what an interesting twist with the weapons. But i'm also a bit left with confusion of how they exactly work.
    (They get auto-triggered while turning towards an enemy, kill around a corner (axe), ...)
    No idea about endless mode with weapons, yet.

Hell of an update. Thanks Nitrome, again!

Edit: no loss at all on my 5s, 8.4.1

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Just now getting the update after being down and out for a few days. Looking forward to the new wrinkles in Endless mode. What does everyone else think?

17. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    #97 Qwertz555, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Oh boy, i late* Nitrome for level 28, but i finally did it. So tricky mean with that twin bucket. Now i fear level 29.
    *hears a dirty loud muahahaha in the distance*

All these new levels with the weapons helped me to understand how they work, and i didn't have to spend any of my few coins in the endless mode. The replay value but especially the strategy has opened up even more.
    Little example:
    The bow is great for long distance shots (3 tiles) on skulls or a brain bug etc., but i can easily blow up an important bomb-vase by accident. Be aware. Btw, besides shield or weapons, i seem to find coins more often again in those normal vases.

* love-hate

Edit: stuck on level 30...for eternity .

18. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Update!!

19. gavro

gavro New Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Level 40

Just finished levels 1 through 40! Very satisfying. I have not played endless mode yet, but I don't feel like a need to. That seemed like a very good, smallish game that I have now beaten. May download again if there is another update.

20. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    It's fun and challenging.