Universal Rust Bucket (by Nitrome)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by zen_mode, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Ohhhh!!! I thought they would kill me! Thanks again!

2. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Then you didn't finish the tutorial ;)

3. Baracus

I did finish tutorial. There wasn't a need to use the exploding vases though.

4. Nitrome

Nitrome Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    Regarding the questions about the value of ads vs the iAP to the developer:

We make most of our money from the ads so they are definitely not a mechanism to try and get you to spend money on the iAP.

That said we make far more money from a user if they pay to remove the ads than we would off them playing and generating ads. So if you want to support a developer for their hard work in an ad funded game paying to remove ads is much appreciated.

Thanks for all your comments. We are reading them! New update with new levels and endless content coming in January!

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You know, in this day and age it's a wonder someone's still giving us the option to remove ads. Thank you for that. I've always supported you that way and will continue to do so.

6. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #66 Qwertz555, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    @Nitrome
    Is it possible that you tightened the game quite a bit "over the air" (if that is possible at all not being an online game) ?
    (Installed before MB 100, now MB 103)

While i almost entered room 16 twice a week ago (stupid me was miss-swiping), now i hardly reach room 10 anymore (e.g. two brainbugs in room 8 already).

Oh, and when will the level update hit, please?

A successful 2016, Nitrome!

Edit: deep phew, i finally made my room 16. What a huge brainy piece of work that was. But SO satisfying in the end. Soon off to reach 17...

7. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Update is here with a new castle !

8. Baracus

That's awesome. I really like this game still! Got to floor 13 once and 12 a few times. Sometimes I still get caught out around floor 8 though unless I'm concentrating.

9. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    I only had a quick go on endless, but it seems more balanced and fair. Also, i love the revive option with the finally not useless coins anymore...and this comes with a separate leaderboard!!!

No words possible yet on the new levels, but i'm so looking forward to play them tomorrow.

And what i always thought as a premium unlocker (but never said), the ugly cross promotion ads are gone, finally! Thank you so much for that, too.

Sorry to say, but you can't climb the ladder any higher as Devs...
    You already rock my pixel world!

10. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Great! Just played level 11 & 12.:)
    If you're wondering how to play them, I had to replay level 10 first to open the new levels.

11. Nitrome

Nitrome Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    Great to hear you are enjoying the update! The having to unlock level ten again was an oversight...sorry about that. It will be fixed in the next update.

We are working away at the next content update! It will feature another level pack and something new and pretty cool to use the coins for.....weapons :)

12. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    #72 zen_mode, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    I'm really liking the new revive system. The previous 1hp system, as like in Ending, made it a game about concentration above all else. It really limited the replayability for me because it gets tedious real fast. The new, more forgiving system makes it a more rounded experience.

The cross-promotion for even paying customers felt out of place too. So that's appreciated as well.

Time to invest some serious time in this now :)

13. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Are you kidding!!!! I am too excited! This game is so good & you just keep making it better!!! Unreal!!! Thank you so much!!!

14. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I first looked at this game when it was released and didn't pay much attention to it. I regret it! I just started playing today and have gone non stop! It's a great strategy/RPG puzzle. It's cute and well designed for touch screen. Each enemy with its own unique attacks makes learning every new level refreshing. The check points are a well received perk as well. It makes the game less tyrant and more communist lol. I love it and will continue to push through to the very end!

15. Baracus

Endless mode is what it's all about, so there is no end! :p

But yes I agree. Perfect phone game!

16. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Yeah, doesn't seem like a lot of people have noticed that the other mode is essentially just the tutorial.

17. Baracus

I completed the Castle pack just now. Level 18 had me stumped overnight but with a fresh head this morning it wasn't actually so bad. Level 20 is nice :)

But yeah this part is like the prawn cocktail to a fat steak meal in endless mode!!

18. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Omg, i convert your level 18 to my already headaching 15, with the same overnight result, lol. Now i'm fighting off the two brainbugs at level 17. Delicious stuff...and even more prawns swimming in!

Btw, the icon is iconic. Never change that, please.

19. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Oh those brain bugs! That won't be the last time you see them. That level 15 is a cake walk compared to later levels.

Also... it is a agreed. Never change the icon.

20. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Getting to this one a bit late but wanted to echo all the positive comments in this thread. The game design is clever and elegant, the controls are perfect for one-handed mobile, and the graphics are pixel supreme. As others have noted, Rust Bucket is like a more user-friendly Ending.

Can't recommend this highly enough. And get this: I've only completed 9 of 10 levels in the 'tutorial' and have yet to dive into endless. So I expect my superpositive impressions will be multiplied by a factor of awesome. Nitrome and Mr. Steed, keep up the great work!