Universal Rust Bucket (by Nitrome)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by zen_mode, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Nitrome

Nitrome Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Managing Director
    London, UK
    Glad to hear you guys are mostly enjoying the game. We have had a blast making it so far and it's not the end. We have the first content update almost ready to submit and we hope for it to be out in January.

It has more levels set in a new theme and introduces some more monsters and elements to the endless mode too! Should be a good little update!

We're also just starting to work on the update following that which were committed to bringing out.

After that we already have the art for two more level packs but support at that point might depend on how well updates do and how much revenue is still coming on the tail end. The game is doing well at the moment so hopefully there will be a lot of updates to come :)

2. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    This game is spectacular!!! It is worth every dime!!! You can really tell how much care went into this game!!! Everybody pay for ad removal & lets get tons more content! I cannot wait for more!!!!

3. ShinHadoukin

Feb 20, 2015
    How is something optional, that does not change game design to inhibit play enough to force purchase, unfair? If $4 is too much for a premium well-made game, then go back to your freemium-timer garbage. It is already worth $4 but a lot more is coming! Nitrome always keeps their games going with awesome content. I cannot get over unfair, good grief.

4. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Is that saying Sproggiwood is good (so good no other rogue like can compete) or so bad it ruined the entire genre for you?

I've not played it so if the former I need it now!

5. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    :)

now i've got a motivation to try it!

downloading right now! :D

6. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Don't worry, his post history is mostly jumping from thread to thread asking for free promo codes. There's even an argument with someone over a developer refusing to drop the price of a game from paid to free during the sale period.

7. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    It's nice to be know... :)

I'm not some sort of troll anyway, look at my post history like he said. ;-)

8. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    #48 FiloMJ, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    I'm too Tired to try it tonight but tomorrow or The 25th i'll post impressions.

Anyway i was a true fan of Nitrome when there was only their flash games site. My favorite Games were rubble trouble and bad ice cream. They were some of my favorite devs outside of The kongregate website. Many Hours played during work ;)

On mobile icebreaker was ok, like it was on flash, great game. But platform panic was a turnoff for me, due to The single error death and The ADS.

Now i'll try This... You guys convinced me! :D

I didn't want to create all this, but This is The way The forums will always be. ;-)

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Never change. We love you just the way you are.

Highlight this:
    Yeah right. >_> Trust me when I say no one in this thread was even remotely trying to convince you.

10. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    [​IMG]i can belive this, that's why i love ya all :*

11. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Ok, haven't played Ending before, neither did I play Nitrome's online game Turnament. Tried both today, fell completely in love with Ending (although I'm a sucker for great pixel art, great minimalist art gets me even more). And Turnament is basically a raw (diamond) version of Rust Bucket. Now my love for RB faded a bit. It somehow lost its originality and is just a great concept with some new paint. Hmmm. Mixed feelings :)

12. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I tried it.

Turn based hack n slash it's not my kind of Game. The only endless dungeon modality is not enough for me to spend money on by now.
    Technically is good, but not enough Fun for me.
    I don't know, if it wasn't for The ADS (like the fantastic land sliders) probably i would have keep played it more.
    By now, without a levels modality, is not worth for.
    I don't think i'll keep playing it right now.

So, as always, let The fanboys madness begin! :D ;-)

13. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    Finished the tutorial and played the endless mode for a while now – oh what a great game (good controls and superb pixelart from Nitrome, as usual). Bought the "Ads Remove" IAP, to support the dev and looking forward to the the new content. Keep it up, Nitrome!

14. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    I've always wondered this. So, if I'm a regular player of an ad-supported game such as this. Does the dev make more money off of me from continuous regular ad revenue or from a one-time premium payment?

15. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

This is my favourite phone game at the moment. Really like it and the visual style.

The skulls are always the ones that catch me out, the little dead beggers!

One question at the moment: Is there any advantage to going through the non-gold doors? Just for more coins? What are the coins actually for, just to differentiate players with same floor number records from being all the same on leaderboards?

16. ShinHadoukin

Feb 20, 2015
    What do the coins do?

17. zen_mode

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Coins appear to only be for an added score mechanism. The non-progressing doors can sometimes save you in the later stages. You might find yourself in a situation where you can't make it to a gold door because of a concentration of enemies, and so you can side-progress through an alternative door to give you another chance at completing the level.

18. zen_mode

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    The amounts generated from these type of ads are so small that's it's unlikely to match what the dev will earn from someone unlocking the iAP. They're primarily there to motivate you to purchase the unlock, but of course will also bring in a small amount of revenue as well.

19. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Thanks Zen.
    What about the stone golem things... is there any way to destroy them? Sometime by about floor 5/6 I have so many of them chasing me that they corner me with little chance to evade!

20. zen_mode

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Trigger the varses that contain bombs when it is in range of one.