Russian localization for your great games. Free.

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by shkudt, Feb 26, 2009.

1. shkudt

shkudt Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Moscow
    #1 shkudt, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
    Hello guys,
    I see many topics here about national localizaton. So why not Russian? I'm a native speaker and own a fast growing blog with App Store reviews for russian users. Our small site's team can help you with translation just for free! (Uhm.. just for some promo codes, ok?)

Russian iPhone sales started 03 October 2008
    Apple’s iPhone in Russia, which will be distributed through as many as three mobile phone carriers, is likely to generate millions of handset sales. Apple expects a massive 3.5 million iPhones to be sold in Russia within the next two years, according to Reuters’ market sources who are “familiar with new deals being struck by Russian carriers.

I want to notice about our App Store department: it is not really popular here. We dont have music store for our accounts, only App Store (damn, but there are just a half of all great apps around), so about 80% users registered in US Store (with pre-paid gift cards). Don't expect raise of sales in Russian store, but be sure - millions of people will get enjoy. For this moment we have only couple games translated, and this is sad.

So, if you want localization - just PM.

2. lithiastudios

lithiastudios Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Thanks!! Nice to see these free offers for translation coming more and more.. :)

3. InsertWittyName

InsertWittyName Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    shkudt did the Russian localization of Bugz for us recently.

Very professional, I couldn't believe he wasn't charging for the service!

Thanks again.

4. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Question

I have a question about translation. When you have somebody translate it, do you have an option in your settings to use a different language? Or do you submit it in several different languages to the different app stores. If you could answer this question, I would be grateful because I could use it for my app.

Thank you!

5. InsertWittyName

Nov 26, 2008
    One app supports all the localizations.

The app is able to determine which localization to use based on the language that is enabled in Settings.app.

Googling for 'iPhone app localization' should yield a few resources on the subject.

6. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Thank you for the input!

7. Firues

Firues Member

Feb 27, 2009
    + We as can localise on the Ukrainian language.

8. InsertWittyName

Nov 26, 2008
    You sure about that? ;)