Universal Rush Rally (By Brownmonster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brownmonster, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Brownmonster

Brownmonster Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Software Engineer /Company Director
    England
    Thanks! And we agree on the sizes, its even smaller on the iPhone5!!!

2. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    I'll add it to the engine list of things to do, it was requested on android and I gladly obliged, it shouldn't be too much work, it all depends when we plan on doing another update.

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Just played the first couple of stages, definitely purchasing the premium... This game is excellent! Great work folks!

4. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Great stuff thanks again! We were actually at the Brighton Develop conference last year with this as one of the top 10 indie games along side Swapquest (which won it I believe), at that point we were Android only. Here is an interview with yours truly, you'll notice how much different the game is now... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMTkzyieIsY ... enjoy :)

5. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Sweet, thanks! Just downloaded it to my 2013 Nexus 7, gonna check out the controller support there in the meantime.

6. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Good stuff, I had a nexus 7 2013 with really bad touch latency, it was just a bad batch apparently but it really let the game down when I showcased it, definitely plays better on the pad though!

7. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    It's a great little tablet but a huge chunk of them were plagued with touchscreen issues, beyond just latency. My first one had a horrible touchscreen but my current one is perfect... had to rely on XDA developers for that though. I love my iPad and my iPhone, but I'm an Android fan at heart. I switch between the iPhone, a Nexus 5, and a 2014 Moto X pretty much daily.

8. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    On a gen 5 iPod Touch, it auto set the graphics to low, runs great , I prefer the graphics on medium to get the dust or snow billowing off the car, but it does affect the frame rate, I tried rally cross on medium but it kept crashing. I'm not upset or complaining, just observations. Grabbed the premium upgrade and loving it! Thanks

9. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Great game!!!!!

10. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    #30 Brownmonster, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    Great stuff, it certainly plays better on the new devices, I personally don't like it on low either, but with my 1st gen iPad Mini i have no choice :( Thanks for letting me know about the rally cross crash, probably memory related as its hard to fit the game in memory along side the OS with only 512Mb ram (the download is small, but we actually generate all the terrain and track data, and on some tracks they are quite long and eat up memory!)

Thanks again!

11. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I think so, I just did a hard reset and got it to play rally cross on medium, struggled at the end sequence with all the dust, but otherwise ok. Yeah kinda sux that the latest gen of ipod is now quite old tech #

12. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Yeah sounds like a textbook memory issue then. Thanks.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I had lots of probs with my old ipod touch 5, essentially its the same as an iphone 4 isnt it ?

Must admit its great seeing everything set to high on my iphone 6 !

14. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    I think it's equivalent to the 4S, actually. I can't believe they still haven't updated the damn thing in what, 3 years now? They must not be big sellers at all.

But yeah, the 6 is awesome. The larger screen finally addressed my biggest complaint about the iPhone. I still wish they would do something about these massive bezels though.

15. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    There is certainly a huge difference between the 4 and 5s, the leap from 5 to 6 didn't seem as noticeable to me in terms of power (but that's probably because it runs at a nice frame rate on the 5s anyway)

16. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    I'm quite happy with the initial pickup, It seems quite a lot of people are connecting to the database with Game Center, and i'm starting to see a few more names nearer the top of the world rankings.

Great stuff people, remember to spread the word :)

17. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Only played 3 tracks but I'm really liking this. The retro camera is my style :D
    One thing tho, how come this runs fine with high graphics on my 5s but when I play on my retina mini it really struggles on high and I have to turn it down to low for it to run smooth? I'd prefer it on the bigger screen but I really want the dust spray.
    I'll be buying the unlock when I get home tonight as I do like a good rally game.

18. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    You're lucky, I can't get it to run on my retina mini at all. It crashes every time I try to run the game.

19. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  20. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    The retina mini has about 4x the resolution to deal with compared to the 5s, and practically the same, if not the same, specification of God and cpu (I can't remember off the top of my head) I might add a resolution scale so you can play lower res with gfx detail high still.