Universal Rush Rally 2 (By Brownmonster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brownmonster, May 18, 2016.

1. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

If there is, it's probably in rallycross. I noticed such game mode in the main menu.

2. Brownmonster

Brownmonster Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Software Engineer /Company Director
    England
    My pleasure, I hope you enjoy it!

3. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    That's correct, 18 tracks of rally cross!

4. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Well done BM, love seeing all the positive feedback for all your hard work. This really is one of the most fun racers available, always smiling after I play this. Nailing a handbrake turn and sliding through turns is just too much fun.
    On requests for the game, mine would have to be replays.

Cheers

5. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    It was an honor being in the beta for the time I was available. Bought this on my experience with that alone! Great work BM, great work.

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Rally cross could be its own freaking game.

7. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Never said, so I will. Best beta experience I've ever had, period. Hats off to ya BM, one man iOS racing prodigal dev!!!!!!

8. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Just got it and better than expected! Great job!!!

9. Hipkat

Hipkat Member

Mar 29, 2016
    You had my money at "no IAP." #

10. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #110 currymutton, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
    Curry: we are going to talk about RR2, I have played a game for the night. Starter I am not a real rally racer

Mutton: not *even* a career racer

Curry: and love racing "sim". Here is my $0.02 worth. Don't get mad if I do not agree with you...

Mutton: sure, shoot

Curry: I bought Rush Rally and find it kinda arcadish fun to me. And soon after I bought it, the news of second version appeared

Mutton: Consider funding the next phase of development

Curry: Don't get me wrong, it is okay

Mutton: ...and then fast forward to now the second version arrives

Curry: First thing to appreciate is the whole new level of eye candies. Car outlook is customisable for free, with many other other turning options for you to fiddle with. The menu is cleanly done and very easy to follow

Mutton: we are good guys so we put the eventual comparison to the last

Curry: gameplay is what you expect from any serous rally title: you normally race alone. the sense of speed is great: and the physics is there: most things (except trees) can be knocked down when you run into them

Mutton: you can run off course, for a very brief moment though. And you will appreciate how the developer puts in some effort drawing off course environment.

Curry: lake in Finland, hurray!

Mutton: and the dust clouds, dirt on car, etc etc

Curry: the core of the any racing game, to me, is the physics, I can say the initial car has quite amount of traction but you can still drift even without braking

Mutton: and you will love it when flipping your car mid-air and sliding sideway with your door facing the ground...

Curry: but it sill has some problem: when my car is sliding with one door facing the ground, the car continues moving with very little steering and some how I can still manage to make it come back upright...

Mutton: as for the damage model, it is there, but it does reflect visibly on your car but I think it affects the performance some how

Curry: let's talk about sound: the music is okay, you can still play music from the Music app but some how it mixes with the in-game music. I do not like the voice of navigator, sound a bit too low and dull, and the environment sound, especially the part when tires hit the dirt, does not give you an immersive feeling

Mutton: I think that is pretty much personal preference and you mean you like the sound department in Collin McRae Rally more

Curry: Yeah, apart from the fact that it drives like s soap and the menu is rather confusing.

Mutton: But the car visual model is arguably a bit better and the farm course has loads of fun, like driving a maze -- wrong direction!!!

Curry: also the damage system which carries forward to later stages puts bit more demand to skills and tactics.

Mutton: I really prefer racing against real people in RR2 than that stupid AI. Oh, sorry that "official" WRC nobody-remembers-your-name games, I am afraid I have not play it long enough to include into this discussion.

Curry: And the control, no complain -- full MFi-Controller support plus a number of on-screen layouts, even the button size is configurable.

Mutton: so this is a keeper.

Curry: Sure. That's all for now.

Mutton: Another good news is: the developer is here, so if you have any suggestion or complaint, post it here and somebody will read it. Bye!

11. heartydragon

heartydragon Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Ok so I dove in and bought it. Played only about a half hour with the first car available in championship. I compare it to Colin McRae which I love. I have to say at first play this game seems stiff. Doesn't seem as natural to slide and doesn't seem to control as responsively. Graphics are nice as well as frame rate but graphic style doesn't appeal to me as much as CM. sounds also imo fall behind CM. engines just sound more throaty in CM. I def do not like lack of visible damage although car control is affected by damage. But I expect panels to flap and Windows to break. I'll play more as I'm sure i will warm up to it. Anxious to try different cars. CM is quite a bit older but compared to this rally game it doesn't seem older.

12. heartydragon

heartydragon Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Really having a hard time getting the car to turn. Copilot voice is annoying.

13. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Have you used the handbrake! Class d cars are no where near as slidey on the throttle as the class s cars, so you need to use the handbrake to slide it out!

14. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Version 1.01 is on the store, this lowers the requirement to iOS 8. Can those who are affected let me know if it now works :)

I'll work on lowering it to 7.1 at the week but for now this will do to open it up to more people!

15. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Very recommended! Promising for a first version. Congrats! The controls (both tilt/tap) are working excellent. Love it how you can "feel" it when the car is damaged (the "driving quality" is worse). Altogether it's a bit easier (and less frustrating) than Colin MacRae Rally.

In the attachment you have some of the humorous skill levels with soccer balls on a trailer (don't lose them on a bumpy road) and some of the 15 (!) settings options (fine tuning) for each car.

Wishlist: Local multiplayer (like in Asphalt). Thx in advance. Tried in on the large iPad Pro and despite the fact that it offers smooth 60 fps—the resolution is not quite retina.

Attached Files:

16. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Great stuff, I have a an update list in the pipeline and multiplayer is on it. I can't promise the order but at some point it will be done! I love the skill games, they are merely there to break things up a little bit, my favourite is the Air-Attack mode.

Of course I still love the real rally experience in championship mode too!

I'd love to get your opinions on the S-Class cars, as really that is where this game shines, I think you only need to complete up to Sweden or maybe Spain to unlock the first s-class vehicle. They have like 2x the torque of the D-class! Enough power to get it sliding under load.

17. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Literally thinking of a munchie run to get an iTunes card. Titans and now another gem. Looking forward to this morning of insomnia. Thx to the team and this community for the heads up!

To anyone on the fence, it's not even a snacks cost! Part of my balanced nutritional breakfast #

18. Qw3rTYz

Qw3rTYz Active Member

Aug 9, 2013
    beatiful! now available for ios 8

19. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    I can still push it down to 7.1, but it requires a bit more effort as I need to add launch screen images for iPhone5 and other stuff (even if I leave them black its still additional work!)

20. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Go get that card! You won't regret it ###