Universal Rush Rally 2 (By Brownmonster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brownmonster, May 18, 2016.

1. GSport

GSport Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA suburbs
    $3.99 is pretty "lite" already!

2. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Waiting for the sure to come gameplay video before buying. I am not much of a racing game fan, leave alone rally, but with so many positive comments, I might buy anyways. :)

3. Brownmonster

Brownmonster Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Software Engineer /Company Director
    England
    What can I say other than, thank you Apple and all you believers! Its been a slog but when you are on the front page next to Britney Spears, what more can you ask for!!

Attached Files:

aussiepaul likes this.
  4. schoolhouse spirits

schoolhouse spirits Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2013
    This game deserves all the attention it's getting and more! If you're on the fence and you like racing games, just buy it. You won't be sorry.

5. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    I've had a few emails and messages asking for features. So far the top two on my list are:

- Actual visual damage on the cars and bits falling off (other than the visually broken wheels)
    - Cockpit view with steering wheel and guages
    - Multiplayer

Given my "1 man in my spare time" work status I'd probably tackle them in that order. What do you think? Any more requests i'm forgetting?

6. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    #66 PrimoBr, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
    Bought this one after all the buzz and no regrets! Even bought the iap in the first one. Didn't try rr 2 yet, want to play on my ipad (ios 8). After work will try on my phone! I loved the cameras on the first one, can you choose the same ones on 2? Thanks dev!

7. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Thanks! I'm secretly wishing right now that I had set the price higher ;) I have to say I'm seeing a peak in RR1 too which is great!

aussiepaul likes this.
  8. PrimoBr

Aug 14, 2015
    Can you choose the same cameras of the first one on RR 2?

9. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Unfortunately no, because of the realistic braking distances and handling, the camera needed to be pulled much lower otherwise it was just uncontrollable really. The only time you will see it is in the attract mode and possibly at the end of rally cross.

10. PrimoBr

Aug 14, 2015
    #70 PrimoBr, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
    It's ok! Thanks! And you have to put Brazil on the game!

11. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    I have to say I toyed with it for so long, but just opted out in the end, it wasn't right. I really wanted Rush Rally 2 to be a "proper" racing game too an be up there with the best, I was worried it may detract from this.

12. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Any additional videos? I loved the original camera angle but understand the reason for needing to change it and this seems amazing. My biggest fear is in not a big fan of arcade games with iPhone due to the touch controls and while this is a simulation not sure how easy it is to control and I don't have a mfi controller and will not be buying one.

13. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    It was originally written purely for touch, not tilt and not mfi. Most people LOVE the touch, those who don't, use the tilt. Elite players like to use the controller. It really is console quality racing on your mobile you won't regret it! I've spent along time getting the controls right, something that many developers have failed at.

I have an MFi controller right here, but I still ALWAYS use the touch screen!!!

14. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Also the handbrake is really key for sliding with this game, in the D class cars, I barely use the brake. I purely use the handbrake only!

15. lukey89

lukey89 Active Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Havent got too far in the game but im loving it! Any plans to add some x-games style stadium tracks to the rallyx portion? Maybe add in a joker lap or something of the sort? Thanks for the awesome game

16. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    They have been pencilled in, my main concern at the moment is the capacity to do the artwork! Basically the amount of extra updates depends on how successful it is :)

At the minute I hope the database can hold up because its getting quite busy with all the new players in a small time!

17. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Amen!

This response alone just got you a purchase. It's downloading now. I can't wait to play!

Billy

18. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Thanks! I have to say once you unlock the S-Class cars, you won't be touching another racer, the sideways action (esp in the skyline is INSANE!)! I still love playing this game and I've spent ALONG time making it. Never have I really played a game that I've worked on as usually I'm fed up of it by the time it is released!

I'm still trying to beat my mate who is world #1 on Finland Stage 1 at the moment with a C class car! I have no idea how he can be that fast at that class!

N.B. I included the skyline purely as I love that car and for no other reason ;)

19. schoolhouse spirits

schoolhouse spirits Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2013
    For those asking for gameplay video... There is actual gameplay in the launch trailer on the first page. The 1st person hood view shows exactly what it looks like to play this game... It's awesome!!

20. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Billy, best 4$ you could spend! Def in my running for GOTY. And that's saying a lot. This dude is a freaking one man dev army, no shit. I've never really found any iOS racing very appealing and this game is beyond compare.