Universal Rush Rally 2 (By Brownmonster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brownmonster, May 18, 2016.

1. Brownmonster

Brownmonster Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Software Engineer /Company Director
    England
    Great stuff!

Just a quickie to let you know another hefty update to Rush Rally 2 is being pushed tonight. This includes A LOT of fixes and polish but the main 2 things to note are:
    - Full deformation of all vehicles
    - Manual gears (for the pros!)
    - Updated shaders (making track and vehicles look more detailed on higher spec devices)

I'm adding things bit by but, but really want to focus on making it look "prettier" now with all those things you mention like middy puddles/more particles etc etc!

Ste

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Sounds awesome! Manual gears is going to be fun!

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Update is live! Downloading now

4. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I can confirm that manual gear is awesome. Especially the layout on the screen. It's something that I'm gonna play around with for a long time.

Thanks so much for this update! Cheering you on with those particle effects!

5. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    100% agree, it's bloody fantastic!!!

6. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Many devs would've stopped supporting the game by now and moved onto another project, thanks for continuing to improve this game!

7. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    No problem,

To be honest though, all the tech is shared across a few projects I now have, so any improvements to this will appear on those too. In fact things like the damage are great to get tested on an existing product first too.

8. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Good to hear there are even greater things ahead.

My Pro can handle all the puddles and particles you can muster, go for it!

9. Bunion

Bunion Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Hey man, I hardly post here I normally just lurk but I wanted to find my login details so I just say thanks for making an awesome game, and also listening to feedback and making the game better and better. Definitely the best rally game and imo driving game on iOS.

Keep up the great work, i'm telling everyone to get your game :)

10. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Oh my god! To not own this game at this point is criminal. Great update. Is there a steam version or pc available? I need to play this at home with 2560 ultrawide. Thanks for killing it every update.

11. AudiR8cer

AudiR8cer Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Coruscant
    Manual Shifting is Great!

I love manual shifting and the updated graphics. This is now only one of two games that I play exclusively. I can't play arcade racers. I highly recommend Rush Rally 2 if you love challenging, realistic racing.

12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Yup, this game is sublime, everything about it is right..

13. AudiR8cer

AudiR8cer Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Coruscant
    We should choose a championship location and challenge each other... you choose.

14. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Gotta be Finland for me or Canada( probably Finland)

15. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    In the Focus , or the Audi?

16. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    IMO the best two countries, Finland for its fast smooth flowing tracks, Canada for the climbs!

17. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Are you finding one car better than the other? Also what can I do to make this game more competitive and pull in more people. I could add notifications, perhaps have an "invite" people to play which launches emails, etc etc. I really need your help on this one, especially as what I add to this will be in the next "offering".

Another new update coming soon, more optimisations (needed for the next "offering"), ever so slight handling tweaks (mainly to the controls to make the lower class cars a bit more "twitchy"), Improved graphics again (I've finally made some nice tyres LOL)

Attached Files:

18. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Wow Those wheels and tyres are amazing! Can't wait to put some of those on #.
    I find my two favourite cars are the Audi and the Focus, the balance of the Focus suits me, and I just love the iconic Audi.

I think the invite idea is good..

Would it be watering down the rally aspect to do buggies or Dakar type vehicles, with maybe more of an open feel to the stages?? Big ask I know.. Or stadium trucks and short circuit, almost motocross track races( which is already a bit like rally cross I guess)..
    Did I mention Monte Carlo #

19. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    My my those tires.

Favourite car for me would be the volkswagen and the mitsubishi lancer. Just love the design and cornering of the vw and the speed and weight of the lancer.

A notification of who beat my time would be nice. Off-sync feature such as that would work nicely.

20. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Once again, another update arrives and this game just gets better! Thanks Brownmonster, as usual.. Awesome stuff!