Universal Rush Rally 2 (By Brownmonster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brownmonster, May 18, 2016.

1. Brownmonster

Brownmonster Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Software Engineer /Company Director
    England
    Cheers RR! The more people who get behind it right at the start, the more chance it has of success! I really want this to get the attention it deserves and to be up there with Real Racing 3!!

2. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    to be honest ill pick this game anytime than Real racing 3, no matter people say how good the graphics is, to me it still a consumable freemium game(i dont want to invest my precious time to play a freemium games). RR3 was created by large team while this one only by one person :D thats a huge different here. i can only imagine if you can get the right people to help you with rush rally 3 in the future :D

but yeah, ill try my best to help you with the promotion thing on my channel.

3. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Man I loved the feel and handling of the first Rush Rally. My only quibble was that the camera was so far back the cars looked pretty tiny...but felt big in a good way.

Is your viewpoint in this game any closer so the car models are larger?

Thanks

4. Qw3rTYz

Qw3rTYz Active Member

Aug 9, 2013
    ios 9 only... rip

5. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    :( what device/system do you have?

6. Qw3rTYz

Qw3rTYz Active Member

Aug 9, 2013
    iphone 5S ios 7... I boycott updates since I saw what it did to iphone 4 :/

7. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Yeah I remember that, but they are a lot more stable these days. I'm not sure if I can update and "lower" the min OS requirement, but I will certainly look into it at a minimum.

8. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Hey Brownmonster,

Congratulations on finally getting this great game released.

I beta tested it and honestly after playing the beta version, my interest in Rally games increased vastly to the point that I was scouring the internet for PC and iOS rally games to buy.

That said, why is this game iOS 9 only?

It would be great if you lowered it to iOS 8 as the beta played flawlessly on it.

I am on iPad Mini 2 and honestly, I won't be upgrading past iOS 8 as I still wanna retain many games broken by iOS 9 and also have smooth functioning OS that doesn't feel heavy or sluggish on the iPad Mini 2.

Honestly I could care less about games requiring only iOS 9 to play as I have a huge backlog that would take years to clear, if ever, but I just want to support this game and the great love that went into it as this game opened the door to a whole new racing genre that I detested before.

Thanks.

9. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England

I'll see what i can do, what happened is I added tvOS support, and then with doing this I must have updated the min iOS spec.

10. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    #50 Brownmonster, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
    For those interested I have built a version at iOS 8 and submitted this to the store. My only concern is that once it has been published at iOS 9, I may not be able to submit an app that then targets a lower platform. I'll keep you updated.

11. Qw3rTYz

Qw3rTYz Active Member

Aug 9, 2013
    I would appreciate if this worked as I also have ipad air on ios 8 but anyways thank you for your effort :)

12. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Will be a lite version available?

13. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Darn! I was going to make a purchase but ios 9 only. As I'm currently jb on 8.4 I don't have the luxury of updating yet. =|

14. schoolhouse spirits

schoolhouse spirits Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Just buy the game! It's very inexpensive, has Amazing gameplay and tons of content! Just read all of the positive reviews and comments in here ,, if you like racing you're in for a treat!

15. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    A version 8 is in submission, it'll be around out in the next few days i'm sure as Apple really have fast turn around times these days.

16. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Thanks! You stole the words from my mouth!! My twin boys are going to eat well tonight with all this support ;)!

17. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I may be being really daft here but the first one was top down and this looks like a more traditional behind the car view? Is this the case?

Thanks in advance

18. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Yes this is the case, Bonnet camera and Chase cameras are the norm in Rush Rally 2!

19. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Brilliant thanks - bought!

20. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    ...And there above shows the reason I changed it to Bonnet/Chase camera! It was too niche before!