Rush Rally 2 (Accepting beta applications)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Brownmonster, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Is it worth me supporting manual gears?

1. Yes, but only for a Gamepad user

29 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. Yes, its worth doing even for touch screen users

45 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. No, its a handheld game its a waste of time!

33 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. Brownmonster

Brownmonster Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Software Engineer /Company Director
    England
    This week I got side tracked and spent some time prettying up the top end devices, and as a result we now have proper real time shadows on iOS and android.Ideally I'm going to spend some time making procedurally generate trees for the different rallys and speeding that all up.

Then on with the actual game time permitting!

Attached Files:

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Wow, this keeps getting better and better, hope it'll run on a Gen 5 touch

3. Chutch20

Chutch20 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2015
    Will this come out on test flight eventually cause I remember sending an email but I'm not sure that you received it.

4. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    damn, real time shadow means you will use dynamic lighting in this game? freakin awesome, im all set to test and buy this.

ps. if possible, can you please add more detail texture and environment particles for a high end devices?

5. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Yeah I've got it, I'm just lagging behind! The sun has come out and i'm spending too much time outside than working on RR2 at the moment! I keep getting distracted by adding features that are not essential too!

6. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    It had dynamic lighting in the last game, in that it was lit real-time, just without real-shadows, although the car headlights did work with movement! I'm toying with the idea of having it change during a stage, but they are not really long enough to do that (on average they are still about 1:30 -> 2:30 each stage).

I really want to spend some more time prettying up the environments, and have spent time making the environment look better, but my first stop is getting a good solid game working across all devices (at different gfx levels). The i really want to add buildings and stuff but we will see!

7. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Need to get back on the dev after 2 weeks off! Just had a blast in the rain on my S5. Happy with the real-time shadows on Android and ios now though! Onwards making the game!

Attached Files:

8. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    ...And another one that got missed off (Straight from the S5, need to sort the UV precision on the terrain as its gone a bit blocky!). Also note the more realistic trees...

Attached Files:

• tree.jpg
      tree.jpg
      File size:
      256.8 KB
      Views:
  9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    This just keeps getting better and better. Looks phenomenal#

10. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Thanks, it's getting there, I'm just struggling for time juggling contract work, looking after two 3 year olds, doing up the house etc etc :) It'll be worth it when its done though. I think we have also decided that it will be a one off paid download, the original Rush Rally free to play model with fuel or pay to unlock didn't really work financially :(. We will have a demo version as well too.

11. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    As they say: "shut up and take my money!!" Can't wait, ...... can I check again, is this gonna run on Gen 5 Touch?

12. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Haha! If Rush Rally works well then this should work the same or better (depending on a few factors). I've added a resolution scale so you can easily get 60fps on those devices with a stupid resolution (on my S6 i run at 50% resolution which is basically 1280x720 and it still looks great bt never drops a frame), I've added options to enable/disable shadows and bloom. My lowest spec is an iPad mini first gen, but this will run with rubbish graphics. Once i'm ready to unleash beta your feedback will be crucial in getting it working well on your device (TBH iPhone5 should run at 60fps easily anyway)

So in short, yes!

13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Big smile on my face... Awesome! Keep up the great work, we all really appreciate it.

14. Anyfox

Anyfox Well-Known Member

May 13, 2015
    i sent mail

15. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    This looks SO good! I loved the first one.

16. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Same here, still playing too!

17. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    this looks good!

18. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Oh man, sign me up. Cannot wait for this. So glad it's rlly happening. Cheers

19. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Cheers guys, I'm actually getting the first rally locked down now, then I have a few optimisations to do to get it working on the lower spec devices. Like I've said before, this beta is really to nail down two things 1) the handling, I want to make it as good as it can be (of course everyone always has their two pence worth on this one!) and 2) performance, Ideally I want to get a "stock" graphics setup across the different devices so as to avoid the "auto detect" feature we had in Rush Rally 1, then at least i'll know how it performs when released!

I'll keep you up to date as to when it'll be ready. If anyone fancies their name in the credits and wants to help out, I also have a whole load of translating need doing. I've got a proper Italian translation now, but need French/Spanish/Russian/German/Portuguese if possible! Let me know if you can help!

Thanks

20. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Am I on list of beta testers :)