Universal Rush Horizon - (by Gamejuice)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 23, 2014.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #61 VirtualBoyFreak, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    The update is live. The price for removing the timer is 1,500 cups, which means an IAP of 4.49€ ($6?) worth cups. I would have preferred a $6 IAP to remove it directly, but the solution is also OK, since the game uses iCloud to save your progress. @Devs: Thanks for giving the option of removing the timer.

EDIT: after playing much more with the game, I find it a great game. Sure it's F2P and I'd rather have a premium version of it, but I've seen much worse F2P models than this one. There also seem to be a lot of different levels, but you have to be a master and have a great car to see all. I've just arrived to level 8, where you run next to a ridge in a scenery which reminds me to the old Out Runners or even Rad Racer/Rad Mobile. Great game to invest some time playing it :)

EDIT 2: Pocket Gamer gave it an 8/10 in their review here:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Rush+Horizon/review.asp?c=60928

The funniest part is that they also felt it resembles Rad Mobile and Out Run :p

@devs: I would love to see night tracks and headlights (maybe Nevada scenery is at night? Haven't got there yet...)

2. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Wow they added MFi!!! When I have a chance tomorrow and the next day, I'll drop the coin to remove the tires....I do agree just having a direct option makes more sense....in fact u still have to have a few trophies collected to then buy the IAP and use all those trophies to remove the tires....Lol that's goofy explaining it, even #

One strategy (and it gets expensive quickly) is to go to the 2nd upgrade page and there's one to increase the amount of fuel you gain when refilling (by passing thru gas icons or to the next stage). I've got that leveled up several times and now I'm gaining about 40% or so of gas.

Just really wish the trophy system wasn't tied to continuing. Devs, the trophy currency is understandably a way to monetize the f2p, I get that all day long. But could you maybe make the first 2 or 3 continues draw from coins, and then afterwards start charging trophies? I'd like to get further in this game but I have this fear of still needing trophies months later on this game.... as if $6 wasn't enough to be spending on a game. Just a thought. Really happy to see all the updates and progress that you've taken into account. We couldn't ask for much more support ##

3. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Since they updated the first time, changing timer from 1 hour to 30 minutes, the game seems much more player-friendly. I was able to buy the yellow Corvette with a 30% discount by playing a few hours.

I'm enjoying it so much now that I bought the cups to remove the timer. I also think that spending $6 is enough in these games, but if you compare to other games such as Asphalt 8, this one is much more fair regarding pricing. I hope the fine-tune pricing, daily rewards and such, but the game is very enjoyable now. Since it's free, I recommend people to give it a try and judge by themselves. I don't like consumable IAP, but this time I've made an exception... :)

4. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Played with my MOGA to see how MFi works.....at least with the MOGA, it's a bit of a strange setup. The two triggers do nothing (left should brake, right should gas), the left bumper changes camera but then the right pauses the game. Then, the brake and gas are only assigned to face buttons. But the deal breaker is having to use the d-pad. The left analog is screaming at me to use it. So, I hope there will be a way to customize the layout, or if possible add the left analog for steering and give the left trigger to brake and right trigger to gas. Here's to hoping

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Unfortunately, the car paint is also tied to the trophy system, and the worst part is that you don't unlock the paint, you just pay to respray. I bought the Infinitas (Ferrari 458 Italia) and bought the black paint for 80 trophy. Now, if I want to go back to the red paint I have to pay 10 trophy AND I'll lose the black paint (which grants +5% experience). Luckily you can grind for trophies in the time trial races, but at a very slow rate.

Anyway, leaving these details aside, the game is just fantastic. I agree with Pocket Gamer, which game the game an 8/10 in their review. I feel like playing Rad Mobile with improved graphics. The hood camera is fantastic with the car vibrating as if it were on a real road.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Mmmmm... Since a few days ago, I have to play this game offline. Whenever I boot it and it connects to the devs' server for daily rewards and such, it freezes and crashes. Anyone else with this issue? (Anyone else still playing this game? LOL!)

7. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Just redownloaded it to try, and it crashes for me too. On a side note, I still prefer Redline Rush.

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks for taking the trouble. I guess they took their servers down and didn't bother to update the game with an offline version.